How come doesn't MM minimize normally, like every program?

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Eduardo

How come doesn't MM minimize normally, like every program?

Post by Eduardo »

Hi, I am new here. I don't know if this is the propper place to place the question. Sorry if it isn't.

I have been an avid computer user for 20 years, I have had several computers with several programs out of which there is ONLY ONE that is "unminimazable" to tray, it won't minimize when you click on the - minimize button on the upper right corner of the screen like any regular program would and that's MM. How come!? Why does MM have to be it different?? It sucks! I have used several versions, I bought it and just installe the latest version (4.1.5.1719), hoping that maybe this time the bug would be fixed, but nope. Still nothing happens when you click on -

Why don't you fix this bug?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: How come doesn't MM minimize normally, like every progra

Post by Lowlander »

Minimize normally minimizes to Taskbar not to Tray. If you want to minimize to Tray enable it under Tools > Options > General.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Lowlander wrote:Minimize normally minimizes to Taskbar not to Tray. If you want to minimize to Tray enable it under Tools > Options > General.
Hi. Thanks for answering. I'm not sure we understand each other. When I look at my Chrome broser or any other program upper right corner, there is a -, then a square then a x. If I click on the -, the program minimizes to taskbar on the bottom of my computer screen and then the desktop becomes visible. That is true for ANY program, except one: MM. If I click on its - button, NOTHING happens... It's not that it minimzes wrong, it simply does NOT minimize.

Btw, I am not sure what a tray is... please bear with me, I speak English as a 2nd language.

If I go to Tools>Options>General, I find the following (It's in Portuguese so I translate):

o Minimize to Taskbar
o Minimize to MicroPlayer
o Minimize to MiniPlayer

Currently the Minimize to Taskbar is selected. Yer, when I click on -, it DOES NOT MINIMIZE. It's like the minimize - button is dead... it doesn't work. And it has been so since the first time I started using MM (years...). This ONLY happen with MM, no other program, so I assume it's a bug.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and do you have any Addons installed (especially panel ones)? It works fine for me.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

I use the version 4.1.5.1719 for Windows - just installed it -, previoulsy I had many other versions but it's always been like this since the very first day I used MM, some three years ago. Really, this doesn't happen to ANY other program in the universe that I install.. just MediaMonkey. Instead of vanishing from the screen, it remains there... and the - button is dead.

The only addon I have is scrobbler for lastfm.
GibsonXXI

Post by GibsonXXI »

Some skins / addon panels will also cause a fault and an error with MediaMonkey when attempting to minimize to the taskbar. MiniLyrics embedder and G-Monkey PS (skin) being two such examples. Not every time, but more often than not.
nauip

Post by nauip »

Lowlander wrote:Minimize normally minimizes to Taskbar not to Tray. If you want to minimize to Tray enable it under Tools > Options > General.
Woohoo! Thanks for bringing this feature to my attention.
Although Micro seems to just disappear.
Win 8.1, Gilded Skin
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nauip wrote:
Woohoo! Thanks for bringing this feature to my attention.
Although Micro seems to just disappear.
Win 8.1, Gilded Skin
Right click the Win 8 taskbar > Toolbars, click "MediaMonkey Player"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.