MM trigger happy--mouse too sensitive

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

pintree3

MM trigger happy--mouse too sensitive

Post by pintree3 »

This problem in my Windows 7 has existed for a very long time and it drives me nuts ( I would guess over a year). It has existed for many MM (and Windows)updates. It has existed even though I have since the initial notice of it, reinstalled windows 3X. It exists and has existed with 3 different mice. In other words the problem can not be Windows and it can't be my mouse(mice). So it is either the MM settings somewhere or an MM bug itself. The other problem is that it is not consistent either: at times it happens and other times it doesn't--but , not choosing it, often enough it does.
If you click once on a file--you are supposed to be merely highlighting it not choosing it to play. And yet, often enough all one does is click on it once and the file begins to play. also. clicking on a file slowly twice, at times it has the effect of wanting to change it's name (what it is supposed to do) and yet, once again, doing the same thing let's it play instead. These 2 facts are the things that have been driving me nuts forever and then there is problem # 3. This appears to happen when perhaps there are many windows open, besides MM. And that is that MM's mouse actions seem to behave alike A Ctrl-A. the mouse just chooses everything. It shows a funny line and the mouse just highlights everything-- even though a button (left/right) is not pressed.
So it can't be just me having this problem, so why can't I find it anywhere in my search?
Lowlander

Re: MM trigger happy--mouse too sensitive

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't seen this happen.

Note you can change the double click to another action like opening Properties if Play Now is to disruptive.
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

Lowlander wrote:I haven't seen this happen.
Note you can change the double click to another action like opening Properties if Play Now is to disruptive.
Wow! really? When the problem occurs (often enough) a single click acts alike a double click. So it is not double-clicking which is a problem, it is single clicking. SO a single click will do one of 2 things: -1- act like a double click and choose the song to play--so the song plays -2- act like a slow double-click therefore the chosen field becomes ready to have its words changed
OR no clicking necessary, everything is highlighted (wherever the mouse hovers over). and in order for this to stop I must close the MM and restart it but this doesn't always work unless there is a reboot (This, as mentioned happens when there is multi-tasking going on, for ex. a game is in the background, a browser is also open etc.)
kmleo

Post by kmleo »

I came upon this thread after doing a search for the very same issue. I have seen my mouse act crazy many different times and in different ways. It happens frequently enough to be annoying but not enough to warrant ditching MM. The problem is that, like the OP, I cannot reproduce the problem or say, it happens when I am doing X. It just will randomly:

- Play a song that I have single clicked.
- Highlight the text in a field for editing that I have single clicked.
- Behave as if I wanted to drag and select a large area when I move the mouse, even though I am not pressing the left mouse button.

It is bizarre, and it is not just the OP. I am running MM 4.1.5.1719 in Portable Mode with a Lifetime Gold Key on Windows 7.

These things do not happen in any other application on my machine.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this strange behavior.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Any Addons (especially those that create panels in MediaMonkey) installed?
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

Although I have an add-on this problem I have experienced has happened way before the add-on was included, so in my case at least, the add-on can not be the problem.
BTW the problem I described about everything being highlighted, i would like to describe more fully: You know what happens if you go on your desktop and left-click on an empty space and then move your mouse you start seeing a line and then whatever direction you go to the space created gets highligthed (even though you are choosing nothing)?? Well the experience is very similar within MM except no button is being clicked.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Thought I was the only one with this problem. It doesn't happen often (twice a week maybe?), but it's annoying when it does. Nothing in particular triggers it, just happens randomly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Is this still happening I was not being able to replicate in last few major versions?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I get it every once in a while still, where all of a sudden I'll be dragging the mouse and it will act like I am clicking and dragging to select multiple tracks. Hitting the ESC key seems to kill that behavior temporarily, but it'll pop up again later randomly.
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

Still having similar problems but can't say anything for sure since I've been away from my main computer for 2 months.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the mouse is a radio frequency controlled device, so check your mouse drivers, and see if they need updating, also check your keyboard drivers and see if they need updating, logiteck mouseware was updated last month., you can also go to the control panel to the mouse and open it and slow down your mouse clicks and do other stuff to customize your mouse. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

roving cowboy thanks for your advice. You may be right for some users but I did write, "It has existed for many MM (and Windows)updates. It has existed even though I have since the initial notice of it, reinstalled windows 3X. It exists and has existed with 3 different mice." The last sentence '3 mice" sort of proves that it is not a mouse problem. And considering the updates and reinstalls of windows and the fact that such a problem exists nowhere but in MM makes it solely an MM problem. :-) Of course why other users aren't seeing this problem is a good question as well.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

The mouse drivers aren't updated with reinstall of windows nothing is all are just reinstalled, Microsoft mouse drivers were changed a few years ago to be automatically updated by a program that also does their keyboard drivers. You need to get that program. And ms don't update othe brand of mice but other brands can and do use ms drivers. Get a driver update program use its free version to check. I use driver boost 4. It finds all outdated drivers and downloads and installs them. But if you buy it they will not hold back on some drivers the free version always says upgrade to get more drivers downloaded.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.