Import of Changed M3U doesn´t Change the Playlist of MM

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Ta Lun

Import of Changed M3U doesn´t Change the Playlist of MM

Post by Ta Lun »

I Generate some of my M3U in a other Program as MM so I Need to Import them for Sync and to play.

If I Update over the AutoWatch of Folders or Over the Menu (Files=>Get net Files or Update*) It looks Like MM Update the Playlists of MM but there are No Changes.

Example:
test.m3u have on initial Import 200 Songs I have a MM Test Playlist under Importet Playlist Menu
Next Time the test.m3u have 150 Songs and it Looks Like MM Import it but the MM Playlist test have 200 Songs.

I have Look in the Settings but havent found somethink that help.
Maybe I´m Blind but Maybe its a Bug. ;-)

I Use the latest MM Version 4.1.5.1719 on a Win 7 with latest Updates
My Playlist to Import are saved on a NetworkShare but I think this is not the Problem because it can Import new m3u or after delete the MM Playlist.

I hope you can help.
If I can send you any more Information please tell it to me.

Thanks

Ta Lun
*Hope I translate this so that you can Understand wich Entry I mean
Peke

Re: Import of Changed M3U doesn´t Change the Playlist of MM

Post by Peke »

It is not a bug, you need to change name of imported playlist to be reimported. MMW will not update internal playlists on external playlist changes at it can't determine if it is new or already imported playlist. We this years ago due the number of issues including loosing whole number of playlists.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ta Lun

Re: Import of Changed M3U doesn´t Change the Playlist of MM

Post by Ta Lun »

hm..Ok. But maybe we can declear it as future Feature. In the Settings there can be a Checkbox like Import external Playlist with same Name overwrite MM Playlist.
I Will lost the "old" Playlist.