Bookmark is ignored if played from Virtual CD [#12600]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

rivorson

Bookmark is ignored if played from Virtual CD [#12600]

Post by rivorson »

I store all of my media on my NAS and use the Virtual CD feature to keep local copies of a small selection of files.

I've noticed that bookmarked files always start from the beginning if they are on the Virtual CD, but if the same file is removed from the Virtual CD then it will start from the bookmark position as expected. This happens for all types of media.
Lowlander

Re: Bookmark is ignored if file is played from Virtual CD

Post by Lowlander »

Does this happen when both copies are accessible (and MediaMonkey would choose the NAS original copy) or when the original NAS copy is offline and MediaMonkey uses the Virtual CD copy?

Also which version of MediaMonkey?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

It happens both when the NAS is available and when it is not. MMW seems to always select the Virtual CD copy even if the original is available, which is good for me because it means I can shut my NAS down in the middle of playback without causing a problem.

Currently version 4.1.6.1732, but it's also been on all versions for over a year. I only just figured out that the Virtual CD is the key factor.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Also, I've just discovered that the fault only occurs with video formats.

I tried an mp3 podcast file and a flac audiobook file and both played from the bookmark position. An mkv TV show and an mp4 video both played from the beginning when on the Virtual CD.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »