Missing Artwork

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

macmcd

Missing Artwork

Post by macmcd »

Using MM 4.1.6.1733 Debug in Portable mode. I had noticed this problem in the last few recent releases but can't be specific as to when it first occured.

In 'Show Art with Details' view, I noticed that a number of albums that I had previously edited, organized and added artwork were missing the thumbnail i.e. the generic grey disc with musical note was displayed. Right clicking in the thumbnail showed that there should be artwork associated with the album as the menu item '☑ Image 1: Cover (front)' is displayed. Selecting 'Edit Artwork Properties...' opens the Edit Properties dialogue at the Artwork tab but there is no associated artwork displayed(I always save them to tag with a non linked copy in the album folder). I then add the artwork back to the tag and everything is displayed normally.

A few notes;
1. The albums do not show up in 'Files to Edit/Unknown Artwork' nor in an advanced search using 'Status/hasn't Artwork'.
2. When synchronized to a mapped network drive, an album that is 'missing' the artwork in the main library has it displayed correctly in the new synchonized album tracks.
3. Running 'Maintain Library' with a complete database optimization does not fix the problem
4. Playing the problem tracks in VLC displays the artwork correctly.
5. A quick trawl through part of my library seems to indicate that it only affects flac files but it could be that I have not found any others at the moment.

So it appears that the artwork is associated to the tracks but for some reason MM has partially 'lost' the tag.
Lowlander

Re: Missing Artwork

Post by Lowlander »

This will likely be hard to reproduce so it's best to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and to send the log to support for analysis: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=341

As 4.1.6 is slated to be released very soon you may want to do it quickly, otherwise a fix will have to wait till the next beta round.
macmcd

Post by macmcd »

Will do. Thanks.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Are you talking about making a log?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Maka

Post by Maka »

I have the same problem.
Is there a solution?

Maka
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
Maka

Post by Maka »

I use 4.1.12.1785
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log is still the best way to proceed.

Post by Guest »

I have Version: 4.1.14.1813.

I have several MP3s with embedded artwork. On some of the albums the problem occurs if the Artist(s) and Album artist(s) fields are the same. If I blank out the Album artist(s) fields the problem disappears.

On other albums this problem does not occur if the Artist(s) and Album artist(s) fields are the same.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Please update to latest 4.1.15 which have improved album artist handling.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts