Podcast causes freeze [#12546]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

moonraker717

Podcast causes freeze [#12546]

Post by moonraker717 »

Every time I subscribe to NPR's All Songs Considered podcast Media Monkey freezes as soon as any of the podcasts start downloading. If I unsubscribe and delete the partially downloaded files Media Monkey functions normally.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rss/podcast.php?id=510019

Version 4.1.2.1706 Standard Edition
Peke

Re: Podcast causes freeze

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is a bug in all NPR podcasts Tags after 5'th of February due thh most likely iTunes update 12.1 (which was used in encoding podcasts) which resulted in non standard/corrupted metadata.

As of 4.1.6.1729 we made workarround so that MMW do not crash but till now we haven't heard from NPR that they will fix the issue.

More details here http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12546
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
seileonne

Re: Podcast causes freeze [#12546]

Post by seileonne »

Having a similar problem even with the newest version--the podcast downloads, but the program freezes when the download completes. The problem seems to be erratic, but confined to NPR podcasts. The downloaded files function fine in other programs--they only freeze mediamonkey.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

seileonne

Post by seileonne »

Duh. Somehow I wasn't. It said I had the latest version if I checked for updates via the program, but it also said it was 4.5.9. Thanks.
seileonne

Post by seileonne »

seileonne wrote:Duh. Somehow I wasn't. It said I had the latest version if I checked for updates via the program, but it also said it was 4.5.9. Thanks.
Meant 4.1.5... can't type today apparently.