MMW not recognizing network files

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

jgkingdallas

MMW not recognizing network files

Post by jgkingdallas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

All of my music is stored on my home fileserver in one folder that is shared on my home network. My laptop (running Win 7 Pro) accesses the folder through a mapped network drive letter. This has always worked very well with MMW...until now. I don't know when it broke, but when I come up from a cold start, MMW no longer recognizes the music folder over the network drive even though I'm connected to my home network (and can easily access the music files through my laptop outside of MMW). When I ask MMW to show the location of a song file, it precedes the location string with "[offline]" instead of the drive letter. If I dump the database and rescan, MMW sees the network drive and will scan all of the files and work fine...until I shut my laptop down and restart. Any ideas?

Lowlander

Re: MMW not recognizing network files

Post by Lowlander » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:52 pm

What if you first access the network location in Windows Explorer and then start MediaMonkey? Also which version of MediaMonkey?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

MadRobin

Re: MMW not recognizing network files

Post by MadRobin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:27 am

I had a similar problem. I found that mapped drives will not show if you started MediaMonkey with Window's "Run as administrator" option. Sometimes the Window's "Run as administrator" option is built into the desktop shortcut. You can get around this by starting MediaMonkey directly from its program files folder. You can also delete the shortcut and create a new one without the "Run as administrator" option.

That worked for me. Hope it helps.