Autoplaylists duplicating / omitting songs & album

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

Autoplaylists duplicating / omitting songs & album

Post by ed.j »

I use a series of autoplaylists to track my music. Custom field 2 is Year.Week (ie this week would be 16.05). The autoplaylists are structured as so: Year\Quarter\Week. For year, the autoplaylist just find all tracks where Custom 2 starts with eg 15. For week, the autoplaylist just find all tracks with eg 15.05 in Custom 2. The quarter however is more tricky and so it simply finds all tracks in playlists 15.01, 15.02, 15.03... 15.13.

However I have noticed that the quarter autoplaylists are omitting some tracks and duplicating others: So for this year there is an album in week 16.04 but it is not appearing in Q1 even though it appears in the 16.04 playlist and the Q1 playlist has 16.04 selected. It also is for some reason duplicating tracks, as below:

http://i.imgur.com/zLCKg0d.png

Any ideas? I have tried optimizing the database etc.

Thanks
Ed
Lowlander

Re: Autoplaylists duplicating / omitting songs & album

Post by Lowlander »

AutoPlaylists can't show duplicate files. Are you sure it is actually duplicate (exact same file on PC)?

What if you switch View to Details, does it then show correctly?
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Unfortunately they can display duplicates - the above files are exactly the same. The behaviour seemed wrong to me which is why i put this in the bug forum - but I'm not sure how to replicate it. It happens randomly :-?

I guess I'll wait for the next update, any idea when that might be?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That would definitely be a bug as it can't be done. AutoPlaylists always show a single entry for a file.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you running and does it still happen in the Details view? My hunch is that maybe it's a display issue (there are some in Art with Details).
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

It doesn't seem to happen in Details, but to be honest I never use that view because I like to have the album cover.

Using Gold 4.1.10.1778.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then it sounds like it may be a display bug. You can capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69