1813 Causing regular periodic network activity

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jvis

1813 Causing regular periodic network activity

Post by jvis »

Since installing 1813, I'm seeing small spikes in network activity approximately every 8 seconds. Unplugging other devices reduces the size of the spikes, but they're still present. They occur whenever MM is running, or the MM service is running with the app closed. Running Win 7 x64.

A lot of the activity seems to relate back to the same machine. This wasn't present before I updated (although I may have skipped a couple of versions).

Some images may help explain. (I can't see anywhere to attach, so linking from Imgur)
2 sets of images - first with all devices plugged in, then when I unplug the Chromecast (.4) and Bluray player (.5). In the network mon, you can see when the devices were unplugged.
http://imgur.com/a/K3Zoz

IP of local PC running MM is .111. Happy to add logs or anything else you'd need to help diagnose - just let me know what to do. Thanks.
Peke

Re: 1813 Causing regular periodic network activity

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is MMW announce itself with global Multicast/Unicast Packets. It is normal.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts