TAB-character in ID3 tag [#14599]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Flint4

TAB-character in ID3 tag [#14599]

Post by Flint4 »

Hi everybody,

There is a little small issue concerning ID3 tag processing that pulls a bit on my nerves.

When I accidently copy/paste a track name with a TAB-Character (ASCII-code 9) as the first character of the track title in the MMW file properties, MMW saves this character to the music file (ID3). For example:

Code: Select all

[TAB]Track Title
(replace [TAB] above with the ASCII character 9 in MMW to reproduce)

Unfortunately, MMW does not display this TAB-character in the track lists / music database or in the file properties. To see this character, open the file with MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net).

Synced to my MP3 player, the player shows a square box at the place where the TAB-character is stored. To remove the character I have to re-enter the track name in the MMW file properties and save it. Then I need to re-sync.

I know it is a minor thing, but it would be great when MMW would remove the TAB before storing the tag to the file or display the TAB in the file properties for manual removal.
Best wishes,

Alex
Peke

Re: TAB-character in ID3 tag

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I'm not being Able to replicate the problem. Copy Paste Title from Notepad with TAB char ended in no tab char in File tags itself?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Flint4

Re: TAB-character in ID3 tag

Post by Flint4 »

Hi

I'm sorry for the late reply. Was on vacation. MediaMonkey does not display TAB characters in the Title field but the TAB is still there (just hidden). And then it stores it to ID3.

I did some screenshots step by step:

1. Copy Title with TAB character (as a prefix) to clipboard

2. Paste the title into MMW file properties and hit OK. Please note that the TAB character is already not visible anymore. TAB is still there but not shown my MMW.

3. Check the ID3 Tag with MediaInfo. MMW stored the TAB into the ID3.

4. TAB character in MMW Tracklist not visible!

This causes me troubles when syncing such tracks on an old MP3 player, as described in my initial post. I hope the screenshots will help.
Best wishes,

Alex
Peke

Re: TAB-character in ID3 tag [#14599]

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Flint4

Re: TAB-character in ID3 tag [#14599]