MMW bloating and ruining .ape files [#14642]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

kemenyadi

MMW bloating and ruining .ape files [#14642]

Post by kemenyadi »

The tagging process of MMW takes ages, writes huge amounts of bloat data and 'ruins' certain .ape files.
Please have a look yourself. https://youtu.be/Q8yzF2gPTYI

Edit: some details:
The files are on a network share and are still playable, they are just inflated. Win 10, MMW 4.1.19.1859.
MMW Gold - MMA Pro
MiPi

Re: MMW bloating and ruining .ape files

Post by MiPi »

Hi. I cannot reproduce it, tested with several APE files. Could you upload me one or two of your APE files (original, before tagged, and better also tagged versions)? And PM me link. Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I also can't replicate with my APE files, we would like to get to bottom of this, but beed sample files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kemenyadi

Post by kemenyadi »

What/how I am tagging: I select multiple tracks (in an album/artist, etc) and empty the album artist field (this may be and is probably irrelevant).

As the tagging process goes through all the albums of an artist, it doesn't necessarily bloat every single file/album. Only certain albums end up bloated. I have not found any indication as to which files/albums are 'tagged' differently, and why. Certain albums are recursively bloated. Eg: I have files that are 9000kbit instead of a standard ~1000kbit 44.1/16 ape file. They remain playable, and I can manually fix these files by re-encoding them but I can't keep up with all the files being bloated in the library. The bloat is just compressible data, a bloated file compressed in a rar/7z archive is very similar in size to the original file.

To further complicate things the increased bitrate/filesize does not show up in MM!

I have PMed you two with samples.
MMW Gold - MMA Pro
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thank you! I have reproduced the problem you described with your files. Added as: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14642