File stuck in library

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Bluez

File stuck in library

Post by Bluez »

So, I'm having this really weird problem that there is a file stuck in my library on my work laptop.
I have the following setup:
- I download all my podcasts and audiobooks at home, and transfer them via the the cloud to my work laptop for those quiet days.
- After I listen to the files, they are moved out of the cloud folder at home and thus deleted from work laptop.
- Every morning, when start MediaMonkey, I manually rescan the cloud folder to make sure that the file list is updated. The same folder is also setup as a monitored folder.
- Every day, after the scan results, I click on OK, and then I get the screen Remove Unavailable files where this one file is listed. It's an m4b format. I click on Remove, and the file seems to clear out of the library. However, the next morning / scan it is back.

I have tried to click Cancel on the Remove Unavailable files screen and manually delete the file from the library. It keeps on coming back.
I've rebuild the library as well - a few times.
I've downloaded the latest version of MediaMonkey 4.1.20.1864, and I've got the following hardware:
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz
- RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
- Motherboard: Dell Inc. 01D4DJ (U3E1)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520 (Dell)
- Storage: 465GB TOSHIBA MQ01ACF050 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
Lowlander

Re: File stuck in library

Post by Lowlander »

Does the file return with Folder Monitoring disabled?
Bluez

Post by Bluez »

I've tested it and the file doesn't come back. I have got no idea why it worked, but it worked :D
Thank you!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then maybe the file is available when scanning (Monitoring) happens. It would be odd though.