Syncing with certain settings stops

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

Syncing with certain settings stops

Post by Snofru » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am

I am using MMW 4.1.21.1866 (current version). I had big difficulties to sync to my Sony NW-A35 (USB sync, this device has an SD card to which files can be directly copied by Windows). Sync started and ran but after a while simply stopped without any message, sync remaining incomplete. Trying again doesn´t copy any more songs although there are still plenty in the list. Looking more closely I found out that sync always stopped with a certain song. Removing this song lead to the song running a little longer but stopping with another song. After many more tests I also found out that the setting "syncing album covers in folders" plays a big role, too. I then simplified the experiment by just syncing one song to a USB stick - couldn´t be any simpler and still got a failure to sync.

Here is how to replicate the problem:

USB syncing simply stops when these conditions come together:
- Setting "syncing album covers in folders" (sorry, this is translated by me from my german version, could be named a little bit different in the english version) is on.
- A certain song is synced with a special tag (don´t know which tag). If I rip the same song from CD with "fresh" tags then sync doesn´t stop.

I can send you a link to my sync settings and a critical song in a personal message if you like.

Snofru

Re: Syncing with certain settings stops

Post by Snofru » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:19 am

What I really don´t like about this is that if there are issues with certain songs/tags then syncing shouldn´t simply stop there. There should at least be a message that syncing is incomplete or even better continue sync without these critical songs and then display a message.

Is there anything I can do to help with this issue?

I also would like to remark that the critical songs were ripped by MediaMonkey from CD and the tags have never been worked on by any other software than MediaMonkey.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:24 am

Capture a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=341
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:19 am

Hi,
Also it would be valuable if you can send me Download link to one of problematic files on PM so that I can Analyze it?
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
How to add Images to forum

Snofru

Post by Snofru » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 am

Pavle,

you have a PM.