Fading MP3 tracks get cut short

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Kylotan

Fading MP3 tracks get cut short

Post by Kylotan »

When an MP3 fades out, Mediamonkey jumps to the next track too soon, meaning some of the song is audibly truncated.

This seems caused by the "remove silence at the beginning/end of track" option, which suggests it only removes silence introduced by some lossy encoders. But this is audible playback, not silence. With that option cleared, I can hear the song end fully.

It also seems to introduce a small amount of cross-fading, even though those options are disabled.

I'm using 4.1.26.1896 on Windows 10.
Kylotan

Re: Fading MP3 tracks get cut short

Post by Kylotan »

Bump - anyone interested in this?
Peke

Re: Fading MP3 tracks get cut short

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please update MMW to latest version from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54426&sd=d

Also try to temp enable crossfade, set to 0.5s and disable, also try to enable crossfade and disable Remove silence?

To answer your questions, Full CD RIPs by red Audio CD book have 2s silence in between two tracks (unless CD is saved DISK AT ONCE or RAW Stream and better CD rip Aps RIPPED that 2s of data also. Remove silence Is I think triggered -40db at the end of tracks. And introduced Crossfade even if disabled is 1 Sound Card Buffer (10ms-150ms) to eliminate pop sound of clearing buffer and populating it again (Windows driver issue along with power saving mode).

Please let us know the results.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts