MM 2.2 alpha is ready to be localized

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

rusty

MM 2.2 alpha is ready to be localized

Post by rusty »

Over the last little while, we've been trying to stabilize the alpha and make as many changes to the UI as possible so that translation work can begin. We've gotten to a stage where they're fairly stable (although there will still be some text changes during the beta period). With that said, I'm pleased to announce that the translation sources for the alpha are now available!

We hope to have an official alpha build ready soon (< 1 week??) upon which you'll be able to test your translations. If you've completed the translation within the next couple of days, let me know--I can give you access to a pre-alpha build to test it with.

The localization sources are available at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/contrib/loca ... -local.zip

Reminder; Localization instructions are posted at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/contrib/loca ... ctions.txt

If you have any questions, ask away--poedit can take a bit of getting used to.

Regards,
Rusty
Baja

up to it into spanish

Post by Baja »

:roll: I'll see how much of it I can do around the weekend, I've already downloaded the files and I'm about to set up the editor. I just hope it won't require a lot of programing knowledge but translation instead. I'll keep in touch. Thanks.
imagine all the people sharing all the world!
zyb

Post by zyb »

@ Baja:

Don't worry, it's really very simple to edit the strings! Sometimes, though, one has to search around MediaMonkey where a string is actually used in the program, because otherwise translation is not easily possible (contextual meaning of a word). Have a look at the "comments field" to get a gist of where the string is used, mostly it's fairly obvious, though.

I also had a look at my already localized Musicmatch-Version occasionally to have an example how certain concepts translate (Winamp should be fine for that task, too).

For the technical terms in "Burning Audio CD"-dialogues refer to a localized Nero-Version (or any other Burning Application), if you can.

Maybe you know all that, I didn't at first, so I share my experience, if it helps. :)

Cheers, Zyb
Octopod

MM2.2 alpha for tests ?

Post by Octopod »

Hi,

Will the MM2.2 alpha be available for translators?

Working on french translation (about 20% done...), it would be fine if i could have it to check for some strings length and for the use of certain words...

Octopod
jiri

Post by jiri »

MM 2.2 alpha will be ready very soon, probably as soon as tonight... :wink:

Btw, as you will see, MM uses the translated strings to adjust position of some controls and thus makes life for translators much easier. A good example where controls are adjusted is the 'Sleep' dialog (or even 'Track Properties').

Jiri
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

jiri wrote:Btw, as you will see, MM uses the translated strings to adjust position of some controls and thus makes life for translators much easier.
Wonderful!! :P
Octopod

jiri/rusty : temporary registration?

Post by Octopod »

Hi,

Very nice this new version! :D

But, talking about translation, i will (and i think i won't be alone) need a temporary registration code (at least :roll: ) to check for strings related to Gold functions (advanced search, sleep, previews and so on).

Thanks.

Octo
rusty

Gold license for translation

Post by rusty »

Octopod,

It's on the way...

-Rusty