Thread dedicated to strings that do not translate

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Pablo,

Can you list a few tooltips that are still in english? Personally, i have no problems with alpha4 and the new strings version.

Octopod
rusty

Missing localization strings in alpha 4

Post by rusty »

Pablo,

I have a hypothesis re. what the problem might be. We recently switched servers, and the new mm-local.zip file (English source version 2.2.721--you can check version.txt in each of the directories containing .po files) was placed on the new server.

It's possible that your browser has a dns cache and is referring to the mm-local.zip that's on the old server instead of the new one. If that's the problem, just close your browser and restart it--that should clear the cache. Then re-download the file.

-Rusty
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The problem was I hadn't re-translated the fuzzy terms that appeared when I updated my file. Somehow I thought those were just outdated terms I didn't need to care about :roll: .

Everything seems to be fine now...

Pablo
Octopod

And the shell extensions...?

Post by Octopod »

I noticed the shell extensions available from the contextual menu of Windows' explorer (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\MediaMonkey.exe\shell\*) are in english (play now/next/last)... Do you foresee to translate this?? (don't know if this can be localizable at system level...)

Moreover all these entries start with "&Play ... " so the shortcut is ineffective...

Octopod
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Hehehe... this one was so obvious :P

With MM2.2 (alphas & betas), when using the "Location" node, the "All" nodes are not translated...

Sorry for such a late detection... So another strings version to be foreseen :wink:

Octopod
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks, will be fixed.

Jiri
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

When selecting audio CD track(s), the status bar displays: "Free space: 0 B".

I assume "B" refers to "bytes" so it should be translated.

Note: is that make a sense to express file size using bytes :o !? think minimum could be Kb...
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, "B" refers to bytes and it should be in the default.po file, isn't it?

Jiri
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Oups... indeed it is in default.po and i let it as "B", sorry :oops:

PS: talking about the status bar, may its leftmost part a bit enlarged as sometimes the text is truncated (with french translations, at least)?

PS2: talking about bytes, with audio CD tracks, the file size is expressed in MB within the main track list (.wav size i assume) while it is expressed in bytes in the now playing window (.cda size i assume)
Octopod

Re: And the shell extensions...?

Post by Octopod »

Octopod wrote:I noticed the shell extensions available from the contextual menu of Windows' explorer are in english (play now/next/last)...
.../...
Moreover all these entries start with "&Play ... " so the shortcut is ineffective...
These strings have been added to default.po, i now see the new shortcuts (since MM2.2beta4 installation) but no way to have these items translated. Anyone have a localized version of these menu items?
jiri

Post by jiri »

These strings were added to the default.po file in order to allow the translation later, but for now the items aren't translated. They will possibly be in MM 2.2, but maybe even later.

Jiri