MediaMonkey 2.2 Release Candidate is coming

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

Posts: 7152
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

MediaMonkey 2.2 Release Candidate is coming

Post by rusty » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone working on translations: MediaMonkey 2.2 RC-1 is coming up real soon.

If you have any translations that you'd like to include in the RC, please send them my way as soon as possible.


Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:22 am

cannot load translation

Post by arg0 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:19 am

Just finished updating Italian to latest locale files, according to final strings announcement ( )

However, MediaMonkey 2.2 beta 5 ( refuses to load the new files :(

I installed MM and selected Italian. Language loads ok (but strings are old).
Then I closed MM and replaced the .mo files in
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Locale\it\LC_MESSAGES
with the new files I just created; when I restart MM I get English strings...
If I restore the .mo files provided with the installer, Italian loads again.

Tried to switch to english language, close mm, reopen mm, switch to italian, close mm, reopen mm: nothing.
Tried also to install in english and then overwrite the italian files before running mm.

Seems like the .mo files (or one of them) are corrupted, but they all look ok in poedit: all strings translated, some fuzzy, only red is the one mentioned by pablo in , which should not be an issue.

Both Italian language and Italy as country are selected in poEdit Catalog|Settings dialog, and I re-saved the files since.

Any ideas?


Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by mockturtle » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:59 am

I reviewed the files you sent and the problem is in 'fuzzy' translations. Actually almost all strings are set as 'fuzzy' in default.po file. This is an indicator of translation status, such strings aren't considered to be fully translated and as such they aren't included in file. To make it work all the strings must by 'un-fuzzied'.


Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:22 am


Post by arg0 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:35 am

Thanks Jiri!
All these strings were fuzzy because I imported the translation from my earlier files using poEdit's Translation Manager and poEdit marks them as fuzzy. I know they were (I only have my own files in TM) right so I did not check them.
I did not de-fuzzify them because I am unable to select multiple strings in poEdit. Eventually I removed the "#, fuzzy" comments with a text editor and everything works fine.

Great! I'll check the strings in MediaMonkey send an update in a few hrs.


PS: if bad strings are not included in .mo files too, please check also my translation of "% of current volume". see topic
In my translation it is marked as bad string, too.

Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:05 pm

Post by zyb » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:21 am

*ggg* Could someone de-fuzzify me too, please... 8) Wonderful!

Post Reply