MediaMonkey 3.0 Translation - who's doing what

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

gianny111

Slovak translation

Post by gianny111 »

Hi,

I would like to cover Slovak translation.

Rgrds,
Jan
rusty

MediaMonkey source translation (catalog files) update

Post by rusty »

Based on feedback from some translators and a couple of bugs, we've made several (~10) changes to the catalog files (default / context / db / tips have changed slightly). They are now at version 3.0.0.1096.

You can download it via: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Localizations

We're trying to get RC-1 out the door tonight or possibly tomorrow, so if you want it included with the RC, please send them my way asap.

Thx to all.

-Rusty
rusty

MediaMonkey source translation (catalog file) update

Post by rusty »

The 3.0.0.1096 update mentioned above was missing 2 strings. That has since been corrected. The current version posted to the web is 3.0.0.1097.

-Rusty
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

I can give my contribution to italian translation if arg0 is not italian mother tongue or if he just needs an hand (in MM 2.x italian translation were very poor sometimes...hope arg0 was not the previous translator, or he's gonna kill me :P).
So, lemme know. Bye.
rusty

Updated translation file

Post by rusty »

Someone noticed one other deficiency in the translation so we've made a small update to default.po (added dialog text for users who are missing Quicktime).

So the current translation source files are now v 3.0.0.1099.

-Rusty
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Omg! i just started translating it... :cry:
Now have i to do it again from the beginning or what?
To dwnload the new translation source shall i use the usual link in the localization page of the forum?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Fraxav,

Sorry for the delay. The page that contains the link to the latest translations and source files is: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Localizations

-Rusty
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Yeah no problem, i found it. It's the same it was for the last version, isn't it?
I almost did the translation anyway :) Coming soon, if you need it.
Panos

Greek translation

Post by Panos »

Sorry guys, but I think that I will delay the translation, due to heavy program at work. :cry:
Panos
crcm

Post by crcm »

So I have been translating files which is 3.0.0.1092 (default.po is almost ready) Any tips how to convert to newest version? I hope my translate is not wasted!
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
gege

Post by gege »

crcm wrote:So I have been translating files which is 3.0.0.1092 (default.po is almost ready) Any tips how to convert to newest version? I hope my translate is not wasted!
The wiki can give you more info about this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Localizations

Basically:
1) Make sure you downloaded the latest Localization Catalog
2) Follow the steps of "Editing an Existing Translation" section.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hi there.
Just wanted to let you know that my Italian translation will be ready and sent in less than a week. It's not perfect yet (since good), but i don't want MM3 to officially release without an Italian version :P
By the way argo and me are going to work together for a better one, probably after the official release since RC are going fast ;)
Bye!
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hello folks.
My Italian translation for MM3 is now ready. I just tested it and i'm sending it to you Developers.
I see that RC6 has just came out :( . No worry, the next release is going to have it's Italian version ;)
I only have a problem with the language.po file, since when i open it with poEdit i get the error: "Failed to convert file 'C:\...\language.po' to Unicode". So i can't create the .mo file.
Anyway, if i manually rename the file from language.po to language.mo (or Italiano.mo) i can have MM to show my translation in the language list (tools|options|general), but it appears like a second English, and not like Italiano.
When i choose it and restart MM, however, MM is correctly translated in Italian.
P.S. The translation works if i use both the .po or .mo language file.

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hi, one brief message to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holydays.
Just wanted to ask if you can let me know if you received my translation or if there's some problem wit it, since i see it's not included in the last minor release.
Bye. :)

*V*

Italian Translation

Post by *V* »

Hello Peeps,
I'm a new user but i've had a look around and i think there are some changes that request attention ( Duplica Titoli? it's not an action but a sorting criteria)
So if you would like some help i'd be happy to proofread arg0's work..
let me know x