MediaMonkey v3.0 - Visual brainstorming

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

MediaMonkey v3.0 - Visual brainstorming

Post by Morten »

Although I don't know what MM 3.0 will feature, I'm sure working/thinking on how to make MediaMonkey one of the best looking.

Here's a concept art I've made these days. The colors are all customizable, although it's only the stop-button I feel uncomfortable with.

Any wishes/ideas?

What have you guys come up with?

Regards
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

to little it looks more like a skin for the winamp micro player plugin.

what the features are of meida monkey 3.0 is really easy they said the only thing they are changing is the player's ablity to undock and stay on screen when the rest of the listviews get minumized.

so the player will need a new skin that is going to need all the information
and buttons on it that is now there in this version.

there could also be some new buttons but i don't know if they will add any to it or not. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

As I said, these are purely on the experimental base. The use of these could either be in a Sidebar gadget or a mini player perhaps

Red version

Grey version

Green version

And why not a purple edition?
Morten

Post by Morten »

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Nice design, but a big in my opinion. The unfolded view doesn't even fit my screen height (it's probably about 1000px high, higher than most computer screens).
It'd be much more useful if you could make a more compact (but still functional, like WMP) design.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

Ok. Sorry, but it isn't going to be that large. It's gonna be the half of what I've posted.

Like this;

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I would love to see a miniplayer with album art and stop button that fits in the Windows Sidebar but isn't (necessarily) a gadget. I could then just park it over there since I keep all my program windows bumped to it, it would always be in view but not hindering anything! The last pic you posted is pretty sweet, Morten. Something like that in the proper size (and with a stop button!) would suit me well.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

spacefish wrote:I would love to see a miniplayer with album art and stop button that fits in the Windows Sidebar but isn't (necessarily) a gadget. I could then just park it over there since I keep all my program windows bumped to it, it would always be in view but not hindering anything! The last pic you posted is pretty sweet, Morten. Something like that in the proper size (and with a stop button!) would suit me well.
I don't know if you knew about this or not, but there is a vista sidebar gadget that is MM compatible, and it works great:

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail. ... &bt=1&pl=1
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Thanks! Too bad they don't include a screenshot. I'll give it a try. :)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

spacefish wrote:Thanks! Too bad they don't include a screenshot. I'll give it a try. :)
Hold on, I'll post some in a minute for you :)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Here it is:

The blue buttons are changeable in the options, as well as the black background for the undocked version. (different skins)

Also, sorry for jacking this thread! :oops:
Last edited by nohitter151 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Sweet! Thanks for the trouble, nohitter. :)
WebNodes
aidan_cage

skin art

Post by aidan_cage »

Morten

I like what you are doing and thinking about the miniplayers,
but I am most interested in the larger skins that are for the entire program.
I don't mind if the miniplayer is just the larger skin's player with the now playing window optionally visible.
For instance the iPod Touch skin--so beautiful in it's design, but really not as well integrated with Glided as the original miniplayer ,I feel. The original has the same play button and colouring, and I feel like they are one and the same in design and implementation.
It is becoming harder to make a full skin. I feel I would need to make a whole suite--with skins for MonkeyRok, Lyrics panels, MiniPlayers, etc.--in order to create a complete environment for the user to experience the software through. I am also inexperienced with both coding and designing, so I am a little afraid of utter failure. It was easy when I could just compile pieces from everyone else's skins into one that I liked.
I need to go through the wiki. I should do that this week, and make some notes. I have a dream to learn to skin my Monkey.

PEACE
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nohitter151 wrote:I don't know if you knew about this or not, but there is a vista sidebar gadget that is MM compatible, and it works great:

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail. ... &bt=1&pl=1
I must be doing something wrong. More here.

Precisely why I'd like to see a sidebar-sized miniplayer skin. Just a thought! :D
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Since I couldn't get the gadget working, I'm back putting in my wish for sidebar-sized miniplayer replete with album art, rating and stop button. :)
WebNodes