Customizing MediaMonkey

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rusty

Customizing MediaMonkey

Post by rusty »

Here's a new set of instructions that explain how to:
1) Change MediaMonkey icons
2) Change the look of the MediaMonkey Player
3) Change the backgrounds that are used by MediaMonkey
4) Change the themes that are used by MediaMonkey

http://www.mediamonkey.com/contrib/artw ... monkey.txt

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Rusty
Last edited by rusty on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

thanks now i got to learn this? might take some time but i feel that by the time that i learn it you will be on version 5 or 7 or media monkey and i will have to learn something else all over :D :D :D :D

roving cowboy / keith hall. (did not log in again )
jiri

Post by jiri »

I can confirm it takes some time to learn how to make new skins, but it isn't really that hard and as a reward you can create really cool effects.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

your right it did not take that long after all learned before you got to version 3 :lol:

roving cowboy / keith hall. (did not log in again )
aidan_cage

problems!

Post by aidan_cage »

I want to skin the player with a Winamp skin; but when I select it in the skin section of the Options menu, it changes my whole skin-theme in the process of converting the player...wtf?
PEACE - Tristan

ps-do I need to download and install winamp just to use a new skin? I am using the iTunes clone skin, but would like to use a neat player that looks like a retro car radio (or something)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

MediaMonkey supports Winamp2.x skins (not Winamp5 ones!!) for it's internal player. The whole MediaMonkey application can be skinned using a theme.
If you just want to use a Winamp2.x skin, only for MM's internal player, then place the *.wsz file in MediaMonkey's Skins folder, restart MM, and select the skin from the options.
You don't need Winamp at all. Winamp skins can be downloaded from Winamp's skins site (what is needed are "classic skins").
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
aidan_cage

problemshpoblem

Post by aidan_cage »

I have done this, and I have seen pics of this player skin on screenshots, but when I try to select the player skin from the options menu it changes the entire theme (iTunes) to a mix of luna skin with a music sheet background for my windows...AH!(yuck)

PEACE
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can't change the player skin individually. If you wish to change the player skin, you'll need to copy an entire theme, and copy the player part over the player part to give you a hybrid.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
aidan_cage

how to change player skin within a given theme

Post by aidan_cage »

I got a bit of help with this from Eyal. skin.wsz = a zip file in disguise, so I changed the player skin and the theme skin into .zip files, unzipped them to folders in my "skins" folder, and moved these four files...

sdb_background_list.bmp
sdb_background_playing.bmp
sdb_background_tree.bmp
Theme.mskn
font.ini

from my main theme skin to my desired player skin. Then I edited the fonts.ini (I think the name) to remove the player heading from the theme. I found you don't need to repack the folders to have the theme show up in MM. I am pleased with the progress. A big thanks to Eyal, who helped more than a bit ;-)

also, please let me know if I have done something improper. I can now see how much work goes into these skins and themes, so I don't want to offend anyone by tinkering around in there--hey, this is a community, right?--know what I mean?

cool cool, so now I have a nice, neat-o player skin, and a bit more knowledge. I am still light eons behind those script developers. Awesome work.

PEACE - Tristan
Son of Spam

Post by Son of Spam »

I'm confused:

Is this only for MM3?

I don't have an "Icons" folder in my MediaMonkey program folder. :-?
Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
Blake

Post by Blake »

I think you might have to make one.. But i'm not sure.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Scripting Resources for MM2 wrote:Normally MediaMonkey uses its own internal icons. However, if you create an "Icons" subdirectory in MediaMonkey's program folder (usually "C:/Program Files/MediaMonkey", and place all MediaMonkey icons in it, it will use those. Those icons can then be modified like you wish. They can be up to 32 bit and support transparency. A restart of MediaMonkey is required for the icon changes to take effect.

In the same way as with the icons: if you place a file called "NoAArt.png" in the Icons subdirectory (which you may have to create first), it will replace MediaMonkey's default image in the Album Art panel when there's no album art found.
If there is no Icons folder, you can just create it.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).