okay them skin errors again. (solution this time) :)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

fix the locked size issue or use the work arounds?

You may select 1 option

View results

rovingcowboy

okay them skin errors again. (solution this time) :)

Post by rovingcowboy »

you long time members here know i been gripping about the locked size skins not working in mm 3 ever since alpha 6 last year some time well here is the gist of what is going on with them in a short run down to a possible solution fix by the developers. and a already built in work around.

• 1. the fixed or locked size skins have troubles showing the full images of the players. 2007
    2 the fixed or locked size skins have troubles showing the full images of the players but it is getting closer with each update released. so they now are able to be fixed if going to a skin that has a higher size to it then back to the locked size skin.
    Jan 2008.

3. some times a work around is the only fix for errors. they might not be liked but might be the only option. so i wonder if petrcbr can get the skin's to let us skinners load a code in to the skin's ini file that will make it double load the skin, which should make it load the full image on the second load. but i am not sure if that will work.? but i asked him anyway in email. he might be trying to get it working.?

4. built in work around it might not be liked either but is already there, just needs to be used and understood more so here it is.

the skins can be locked in size to the point where you lock all the buttons and text areas to the place on the skin you want them. only the right side should be unlocked which means
    that in the ini file you make the whole skin resize code 1,1,1,1
    but in the lower buttons and text areas of the ini file you make all their codes locked by using this code. 1,1,0,0 that only allows the buttons to stay on the left side of the player skin.
    and when you do that to all the items in the ini file then only the player background will stretch.

but as it also stretches it can shrink. so you are then able to move the player to different dock windows on the skin as long as it is large enough for the players set size. not the stretched size. the part that stretches will just be shrunk back to fit the area of the dock that is not used. thus giving the same feel as the locked size small player. and not getting any of the errors of the skin's being cut in half.

not that which is wanted so it was but it does solve the issue.

5. now in making the locked size skin you need to have the code for the playerbackground with the frame and the left center right sections. the center is the one that gets used on the moving of the player, so you should make it as far to the right as possible and make the right section as small as possible to keep it looking normal when the size is changed.

example.

a skin background size of 160 x 700 is large enough to see on the bigger screens. but if you lock it you get the errors.
    so the code would be set to

left 695,
    center left side of section is 695 to the right and is 3 wide
    right left side of section is 698 to the right and 2 wide.

that makes the 3 pixels in the center section be used to fill in when the player is stretched.
    you can either set the option to tile or stretch the center section. tile is best if you have small width like the example.

but you can use stretch if you want to add an image to the area.
    say a ? rubberband.
    if you stretch the code it looks normal just long.
    if you tile the code it ads multiple images of the rubberband in the area.

but this is just an example for the sizes on the areas it all depends on your skin's image for the back ground and what you want..
this is the only way i have found to get the smaller players with out the images being cut in half or having to switch to a different player that is larger then switch back.

not the best fix but a built in work around. still it makes the need for the locked size players that are not made to stretch like this, have to have the program fixed. such as my nohitter151 skin that is huge and made to be a square if i stretch it like this by adding a section to the background it will look strange, so it needs the program fixed to allow locked skins.

but i might make it use this work around if there is no way petrcbr can fix the locked size issue.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I don't have any doubts that this problem will be fixed. Cowboy, I think you just need to be patient! :wink:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

just passing on info and ideas i found. thats all i did here.

the poll is just to let petrcbr know how much trouble he has to do or not do. 8)