Blue Monkey Small Player skin (converted from MM2) [v2.2]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Blue Monkey Small Player skin (converted from MM2) [v2.2]

Post by nohitter151 »

Skin Preview

Here is the old Blue Monkey skin converted from MM2 to be compatible with MM3.

Installation instructions:
1. Download Blue Monkey v2.2
2. Run the mmip file, the skin will install automatically.
3. Change your skin in Tools --> Options --> Skins

Blue Monkey 2.0
-MM3 Release
Blue Monkey 2.1
-Added Popup info panel
-Player issues fixed
Blue Monkey 2.2
-Float player updated
-Columns fixed

Troubleshooting
:
I downloaded the file from the link above, but it is a .zip file, not a .mmip file!
--This is a result of using Internet Explorer to download the file, which automatically renames the .mmip extension to .zip. Try downloading the file with another browser such as Firefox or Opera, or rename the downloaded .zip file to BlueMonkey.mmip .
Last edited by nohitter151 on Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Looks very nice - great effort thanks

I haven't installed this yet, is the player moveable to other docking positions?

----------------
Now playing on MediaMonkey: Kelly Clarkson - How I Feel
via FoxyTunes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

paulmt wrote:Looks very nice - great effort thanks

I haven't installed this yet, is the player moveable to other docking positions?
It should be, yes.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

did the team that made blue monkey mind you converting the full player? i did not do that because i thought it was a paid for skin.? hope all is alright with them about it.?

:-?

i thought you was making a light blue skin of steegys?

i got the file from above with a download manager and it came in as the mmip file.

but i see your still trying the locked size stuff :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:did the team that made blue monkey mind you converting the full player? i did not do that because i thought it was a paid for skin.? hope all is alright with them about it.?

:-?

i thought you was making a light blue skin of steegys?
I actually did it because a MM user emailed me personally and asked me to convert it, so I did and I wanted to make it available to everyone. If the original authors have a problem with the conversion, I have no problem with taking it down. Considering, however, that someone edited the Blue Monkey to make this skin for MM2, I doubt they'll mind.

Also, I am converting steegy's skin :wink: :D . Its giving me a hard time, but its mostly done. I'll put that up too when I feel that its ready.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

forgot about that old mm 2 remix of the skin.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I think what you have done is great! I am like a lot of users that want some of the features of MM2.5 skins available also in MM3.0
If the authors of the Blue skin actually gave a damn, wouldn't they have developed the skin over the years or, advanced it to MM3? and shouldn't the development team at least as a starting point have ported the current "official" MM2.5 skins to MM3?

I have grabbed your skin just in case some spoil sport convinces you to remove it :-? :D

----------------
Now playing on MediaMonkey: Deuce - On the Bible
via FoxyTunes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanks paulmt. I don't want people to think I'm trying to take credit for these older skins, I just want to make them available as many users have expressed a preference for the older-style skins and it doesn't seem right for them not to have as many choices as possible (including what they already had with MM2).

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

paulmt wrote:I think what you have done is great! I am like a lot of users that want some of the features of MM2.5 skins available also in MM3.0
If the authors of the Blue skin actually gave a damn, wouldn't they have developed the skin over the years or, advanced it to MM3? and shouldn't the development team at least as a starting point have ported the current "official" MM2.5 skins to MM3?

I have grabbed your skin just in case some spoil sport convinces you to remove it :-? :D

----------------
Now playing on MediaMonkey: Deuce - On the Bible
via FoxyTunes

well paulmt there ain't anyone able to convice us to remove skins we converted except " The Developers, and The Orginal Skin Designer " so its only one of them that can be the spoil sport. :wink:

but as for my own reasons i won't copy over any skin exactly like it was in mm 2. i come close with the ones i did and fixed for trixmoto. and the aqua4 skin nohitter151 did that also has the same errors in as this blue monkey he did. i redid his and named it aqua44 but he did not want to have it changed. so i have it for my use. the only things i changed on them were the volume meters the background images on the list and added the rating stars to the player. so that is as close as i'll do a converting of the mm 2 skins. but i make mine to stretch.
because i see no way to fix the locked size error. it has be in the skinning engine since alpha 6 of the first version of mm 3.
last june or so. and it was intraduced by adding a feature to the skin. so unless that feature is removed i don't see any way of getting the locked size's to working. i just also am not sure anymore what feature it was that caused the error.

but the only way to get small players in mm 3 with out haveing the out of wack alignments or half showing images. is to make them stretch. and i posted how to do that in the thread. for

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25998

those are the only ways to do it. reason i stopped trying to get the locked error fixed is this post.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 831#127831

which i am only able to take as they mean the fighting of trying to get the skin error fixed.
so i stopped with the locked sizes since it was apearing that i was fighting the new way the skin works.

there really is no need to have the locked sizes either. since you can make them as i said in the first link i posted above. then you can lock them in the lower dock window so they never move and you can load any other docking window to the right of the smaller skins so their right side shrinks to the old size of the skin you get more docking space for the other windows and the small player plus you get your small player size. 8)

which is why i can't see why nohitter151 is still butting heads with the locked size coding. :o

yes i know its nohitter151's skin thread. but the above needed said since paulmt was calling someone a spoil sport. :wink:

8)
??

Post by ?? »

Are you and cowboy arguing over the locked size code or is that just a wrong interpretation?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

?? wrote:Are you and cowboy arguing over the locked size code or is that just a wrong interpretation?
I didn't realize we were arguing at all! :lol:

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

?? wrote:Are you and cowboy arguing over the locked size code or is that just a wrong interpretation?
me either so it must have been taken wrong on your part.? :-?
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Nope no arguing here either :D
??

Post by ?? »

Okay sorry my mistake in reading it.
svenni

Post by svenni »

Love this skin. Just like MM should be. But the pop up box is having some problems and do not look very well in case you do not know. Thx.
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!