How to mod those aspects of a skin

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

How to mod those aspects of a skin

Post by magicalpig »

I read the wiki but some of this stuff is still not so obvious to me.
I'm re-coloring a royal skin to get used to the vocabulary and software... And at this time I really am too upset with it all to sort it out by myself :x

So my questions are :

What do I need to change to modify the font color of #1 and the background color behind #1?

How do I change the color of the highlight bar (#2 & 3)?

Thanks for helping... again ;),
Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

By the way I'm using the Theme Editor as indicated in the wiki so my questions are where in the Theme Editor.... I hope that's the way to do it.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote:I read the wiki but some of this stuff is still not so obvious to me.
I'm re-coloring a royal skin to get used to the vocabulary and software... And at this time I really am too upset with it all to sort it out by myself :x

So my questions are :

What do I need to change to modify the font color of #1 and the background color behind #1?

How do I change the color of the highlight bar (#2 & 3)?

Thanks for helping... again ;),
Victor.
the number one must be the static fonts on the panel? as i can't see number 1 anyplace but i see the fonts don't show up.

number 2 is needing some added code in to the virtural tree area mcmaster has posted that some place in the forum ? in the message " having troubles changing some fonts. " i think that is the title of the one message thread it is in.

the number 3 is list item selected.

the numbers 1 and 3 are found in the theme editor's list for fonts just below the tree for images..
now mind you don't get upset you can't think when upset. atleast most people can't.

but even though there is a control button on the theme engine.
it does not allow all the stuff to be previewed. and some things you change such as the fonts in the header for the columes.?
they will change in the theme editor but they don't show as changed in the monkey when you use the skin.
so you need to remember that and keep which areas don't change using a background image for reading black fonts on.

for adding the codes in to the virtural tree object open one of macmasters or i think nohitter151's skins theme.mskn then going to the object in their theme select it in the tree then use the copy button in the theme engine and copy what you selected.

then while not closing the theme editor open your theme mskn.
if it asks you to save the one you just copied from? click no.
and then browse to your mskn and open your theme.

then click on the same title section for the object you copied.
if you copied something from inside the virtual tree, then you select the virtual tree, if you copied the whole virtural tree then you select the first one called objects.

then you click the paste button in the theme.
you now have that item you copied pasted in the section you selected, and it is called copyof......
if you are changing the whole item you already have in your theme.
then select the one in your theme and use the delete button in the theme.
if you did not have the item you copied then just select it and go to the right code tree.
you will see in there the name for what you copied.
it will have the name of copyof....
you select that and remove the words copyof
now you have that item in your theme.

sorry forgot to tell you the background color for number one is the panel object, and the form object in the tool window.
you can use the code tree on the right when you select them and change the color in it.
you can also select the button on the menu bar of the theme engine to add an active bitmap. which will be used on the item instead of just the plain color.

my jade monkey has added bitmaps all over the place.

if you want to add a bitmap to the selected color bar. you need to make that bit map as long as you thing the user would have a wide screen? i made mine about 5000 to 50000 pixels wide before. this will make it go over the whole row of columes if all are only that wide. just makes it easier to follow when scrolling a selected song to the far right colume.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Thanks cowboy,

I'll try and find this thread on fonts and I'll try your stuff tonite!

Is it this thread?http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ging+fonts

Victor.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

To clarify:

1 (I think this is it):

2:

3:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

magicalpig wrote:Thanks cowboy,

I'll try and find this thread on fonts and I'll try your stuff tonite!

Is it this thread?http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ging+fonts

Victor.
yep thats the tread but nohitter151 posted images in this one too.

number 2 image he posted only the one is selected, but all four albumart things in there are needed to be copied over to your mskn file.

i thought it was the static text but nohitter151 is sure its the panel text? its got to be one of them two?
or maybe both? :-?

and as in nohitter151's image for number 3 thats what i ment i just said the name of the font for some reason? must have fonts on the mind? :(

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well, I couldn't wait so I tried and it worked!! Don't really know how I managed but I did.

I need to get a piece of paper and take notes...

Thanks to both of you,
Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your welcome between me, nohitter151, morten, macmaster, steegy, blake, and the others here making skins we'll get the right answer out to everyone.

8)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

That's good, maybe we'll have more people involved in skinning as you're so willing to help :D It's not like we have to figure everything out by ourselves.

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just ask peke he remembers i moaned and gripped for a year when they started the new skinning engine, cause i could not figure it out on my own. he told me how to get started on step one. i jumpped to step 39 and 90 in a hurry, then morten came on board and started getting petr to add features and he jumpped on step 90 also then the rest all followed in order most of us are on step 90 now. i don't think anyone will ever be on step 100. some might get close but thats being too close to perfect of a skinner and mostly out of reach. 90 is just about the highest anyone can expect to get in this skinning stuff.

8)
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Cool, I'll flood the board with questions then...

I understand there are gonna be some changes made to the skinning in MM next release. Any insight into when this supposed to happen?

Victor.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

magicalpig wrote:Cool, I'll flood the board with questions then...

I understand there are gonna be some changes made to the skinning in MM next release. Any insight into when this supposed to happen?

Victor.
yeah! i cant wait for the complete replacement of the skinning engine with a Vista DWM compatible glass transparency super engine in the next release :D

...waits :wink:
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

magicalpig wrote:Cool, I'll flood the board with questions then...

Victor.
yeah! i cant wait for the complete replacement of the skinning engine with a Vista DWM compatible glass transparency super engine in the next release :D

...waits :wink:

if i had to list my top 3 most wanted features for skinning:

1. change any of the backgrounds via script, so you could use album art/artist pics as backgrounds for the main window or player window etc

2. proper transparency support for vista

3. The ability to use overlays on any of the album art pictures. I'd like to put a glass effect on the album art panels but after scanning the forums i don't think this is possible.