Eclipse Skin v 2.0.0.1

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Eclipse Skin v1.4.3 (2008-09-03)

Post by nohitter151 »

aidan_cage wrote:well, it was posted within the original skin's thread, so it wasn't like he was starting a whole new thread for his original skin idea. Pretty harsh scene, and it was probably a nice recolour that won't ever get done again. I don't mind any new changes to old skins, especially as nothing new is happening around here elsewise. I would love for someone to take on updating the Shiny Monkey skin I threw together from other people's work to MM3. I don't have the time or patience right now, and certainly wouldn't come down heavy handed on anyone that did. I guess some people feel strongly about their legacy as skinners. If dreadm were to release a version of his skin that was recoloured green, we would all know that he was just copying what this other guy had already done. This kind of means that there will never be a green version of this skin anymore, which is kind of sad.
All I have to say in response to this is please read this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=33639

I'm all for people adding to the community, but there's a right and respectable way to do it. At the very least, PM the original skin author to at least let him know you want to re-release a version of his/her skin. It may seem petty to you but it takes a lot of time and effort to put together an MM skin, and it can be disheartening to see people using your material without even acknowledging you first.

(BTW, that thread was posted before the events in this thread transpired)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Ah yes the Green Eclipse, i like the green Version from jagged looks nice, i just want say in my post to him ,that he can show more respect,i feel sad that he react like he do (deladet all his posts).
You all know my english is not the best and maybe i don,t understand right what he wrote but for me sounds ignorant.
aidian_cage dont think i want be harsh,I got no problems with mod.Skins just with the way he posted here.Nyn have also some eclipse mods in this thread but she ask before, thats the different, and i think a skin taste better with the permission from orginal author.
Ther are more points we have to think about:
It's good when people make mod. from skins and post Screenshots,but before they post a download link they can ask, it dont hurts!
But who got the responsibility for this mod skins?
If sombody find bugs in my skins i try to fix them and post as a new version!
But what is with this mod versions, who fix them?Alone from this point is good to comunicate with the author from skin.
JuBe

Post by JuBe »

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but is it possible to keep the normal player look when the window is maximized, but have the slim player when you click "rollup -> miniplayer"?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't get what your asking.

there is only 5 skins in the skin sets.

theme skin.
player skin.
float player skin.
microplayer H skin
microplayer V skin.

the theme skin is what is used for all the list views and album art views.
the player skin is the main player and works with the theme skin.

when you want the slim player it is the floatplayer there is no rollup it is a different
player skin that is changed to.
the micro players are the only ones that stay in the task bars, so when you click the button on the top
you have the choice to change to either of the float player or the micro player, they don't roll up they change
out from the theme and main player.

the only list you can get when using the floatplayer called mini player on the button, is the now playing playlist.
does that answer your question? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
JuBe wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked before, but is it possible to keep the normal player look when the window is maximized, but have the slim player when you click "rollup -> miniplayer"?
If i understand you right you want the normal Player in the theme and the Slim Float Player when change to mini Player modus.if iam right you have to do some modifications.

Open Eclipse.msz with a zip program also the Slim Version,now copy the slimVersions fom FloatPlayer.ini and FloatPlayer.mskn into the Normal Eclipse folder and overwright the same fils in this folder.Now you have to zip them,and rename .zip to .msz .If you make everthing right it must work.
dypsis

Re: Green Eclipse

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

Ah yes the Green Eclipse, i like the green Version from jagged looks nice, i just want say in my post to him ,that he can show more respect,i feel sad that he react like he do (deladet all his posts).
I missed it. I would have loved to have seen it. :(
freeqboi

Post by freeqboi »

Has Anyone done an xp skin to match this? if they have id love to have it!
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

Hi dreadm

I am using Ecilpse and am very happy with it but.... I want to disable the album artwork box in the bottom right, like in the White version of the skin. Is this possible in the standard black version? I esp. want to disable the AA box when I have the player in MiniPlayer mode.

Thanks a lot! :D
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@freeqboi:

What you mean with xp skin, and for what?

@jkforde:

Shure it's possible to dissable the AArt view box,but for this you have to do some changes in the player.mskns and player .inis.
You have to make the players 90 pix shorter,but it's not easy when you never do such things.

Here are to wiki sites that maybe helps you:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... and_higher

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... h_for_MM_3

If you can't bring it to work send me an PM and we find a solution.

Eclipse Update:

it's time to update the Eclipse Skin, to make it fit for MM 3.1
The next time i start with the work on it and if you got some suggestions or wishes let me know,
it's now the right time to post them. :wink:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

@freeqboi:

which version of the eclipse skin did you want the xp theme to look like?

knowing that will help anyone that is willing to try and make it for you.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
freeqboi

Post by freeqboi »

@Rovingcowboy:

Ah, yeah, good point that. hehehe

Its the blue/black version, the original one...

Ta!
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

:wink:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

DreadM:

U are getting as bad as gege with these teasers...
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

He,He,He :lol:

Yes, i'am .
Tonight is the night from witches and warlock's in germany. :wink:
gege

Post by gege »

"Tease, baby"