Blue Glass - New Modified Version

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Blue Glass - New Modified Version

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work! Thanks!
You should consider making matching MonkeyRok, Lyrics Viewer, and Song Info Panel skins. It would be a nice MM setup.

Thanks again for your work.
Last edited by gpzbc on Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Screenshot

Post by dypsis »

Is there any screenshot of this?
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

Sure, here is a new screenshot:

Click on the image above for a full-sized screenshot.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have always liked the Blue Glass skin player, but have never really liked the panel backgrounds...Navy being my favorite. I wish someone who knows how to skin would make the panels the same blue as the player, maybe a bit darker, with nice white text. I would also love to see and updated MR skin and SI. Are you up for it?

Screenshot just made me want to hear some Shania.

Nyn, I clicked on your link for the Install/Uninstall script. The thread says it's no longer available.

Edit: When I said I would like a nice blue panel above, I meant panel headers and anything else that is not blue. The navy skin has good colors.
Last edited by rrfpacker on Sun May 23, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dypsis

A matching MonkeyRok and Lyrics Viewer Skin

Post by dypsis »

The skin looks great.

Now, if we only had a matching MonkeyRok and Lyrics Viewer skin. :wink:

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I can't download it :(
Can u make it a .mmip file?

Thanks
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Did you try right-clicking on it and selecting 'save link as' or 'save target as' (depending on your browser)?
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i know you guys like the blue glass skin it is okay with me i don't like the going from dark player to light backgrounds on the text area it washes out the player and makes the dark controlls on it hard for me to see. but you others like it.

i still wish it would go away, not sure as i have not seen how this one was created but the original one was really hard to find any images to change and they were mostly small 3 or 4 pixel squares in that one, at least the one i tore apart and looked at. those small very few images make it hard to tear apart and learn how to skin with, which is what most newbies do with the skins they like.

but if you added all the images and codes in to this version then that would make it a great skin to me then because of the easy of copying to learn skinning.

those are the only grips i have with this skin, if you did not already address them that is. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Vyper wrote:Did you try right-clicking on it and selecting 'save link as' or 'save target as' (depending on your browser)?
Well, firstly, I used Internet Explorer, I saved it on my desktop but it wouldn't work.
Then, I clicked on "save link as" as u said, saved it into Program Files/Mediamonkey/Skins, and now, it works.

Thanks a lot :-)

PS: How can I do to make my MM look like like the screenshot?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Guest wrote:PS: How can I do to make my MM look like like the screenshot?
This might help. Let us know if it doesn't.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... monkey.htm
--
The gpzbc

Post by Guest »

Thanks for ur help but I'm afraid it doesn't help a lot :(
I can't find the toolbar
Can u tell me how u did?

Thank u :)

Post by Guest »

Finally, I made it :D
Thank u so much for ur help :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Good! I'm glad you figured it out.
--
The gpzbc
azdayton

Post by azdayton »

Those of us who are noobs might not know this. I didn't.

You cannot simply copy the download .ZIP file to the MediaMonkey\Skins folder. MM will not "see" it, so you won't have it in your list of choices.

You must first change the filename extension from .ZIP to .MSZ If you have your Folder Options set to "Hide extensions for known file types", then you will need to change that, else Windows will not let you change the filename extension.

THEN you copy the file to the MediaMonkey\Skins folder, and MM will see it, and it will show up as one of your choices.

Alternately, you may be able to change the download filename extension before you begin the download. I've found that sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure why yet.

Anyway, great job on the skin! BlueGlass didn't come with my latest download (new computer, had to start from scratch), and I'm glad to have it back. Thanks!

- Dayton - Mon. 01/30/2012 @ 08:57:45