Blue Glass - New Modified Version

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Giarc

Blue Glass - New Modified Version

Post by Giarc »

Hi everyone - I have modified the MM3 Blue Glass skin to be more to my liking, and hopefully some of you will like it better too. You can download the modified skin below. Since this skin is included with MediaMonkey, I think it's OK to provide a copy. If not, let me know. Here are the changes I made:

Player:
- Removed album name (only have track name and artist)
- Aligned text better and used larger font for artist
- Fixed problem of cut off descenders
- Changed volume and position track bars to magenta so they stand out
- Removed small album art from player
- Used larger font for time display
- Made same changes to mini player

Other:
- Made toolbars and status bar a bit lighter blue
- Made tabs in properties a lighter blue
- Modified panel backgrounds
- Added a magenta highlight to focused buttons
- Changed selected text background color to proper blue color

In my opinion, this is the best skin out of the three skins that come with MediaMonkey. The default Glided skin is not even complete (elements such as scroll bars, buttons, and tabs are not skinned).

Download it here: http://www.imptec.com/New%20Blue%20Glass.msz

Simply copy the file to your MediaMonkey\Skins folder and select it in the options. Enjoy.
Last edited by Giarc on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Blue Glass - New Modified Version

Post by Guest »

Sounds fantastic but how do I install it?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

@Guest: Just copy it to the \Skins\ folder.

@Giarc: You should try MoDementia's Install Unistall ini's script in order to make an installation package for the skin. This looks impressive btw, I think I'll give it a try when I'm ready to switch back to the Blue Glass skin.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

welcome to the wonderful world of skinning.

we like to see new skinners now since you got a feel for it you need to make one of your own,
you can of course add things and rearrange them on the skin player any way you want.
you will see it is simple once you find out how to do the overlays of the original skin's mskn files.
then you can try to change the shape yourself.
we always like new skin ideas.

who knows since you can program maybe you can like others give ideas to petrcbr so he can upgrade the skinning engine. which will always give us better skins that way.

if you get stuck on the skinning just ask away or look over the help on the wiki site, theres several pages there written in different ways, that can be of help surely you can understand one of them. :D

just be careful there, skinning mediamonkey can be habit forming. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Giarc wrote:I have modified the MM3 Blue Glass skin to be more to my liking, and hopefully some of you will like it better too.
Yes I do.

Thanx Giarc.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
P.

Post by P. »

Can you post a screenshot?
KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat »

My compliments, it looks quite good. Ditching the album art from the bottom is an excellent idea. How many times do people want to see it!

The change in colour and other enhancements make it look very good. I'd be doubly happy if you ever get the time to make a skin that isn't too deep a blue - at least yours is an improvement on the orginal funeral look. The Top bar/background always looks too dark on many skins whereas the bottom is more reflective.

You should be pleased.

Thank You

:)
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

P. wrote:Can you post a screenshot?
Here you go. :)

Click above for a full-sized image. Thanks to Vyper for the BBCode.
Last edited by Giarc on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Giarc wrote:I couldn't figure out how to make the small image link to the large image using this darned BBCode.
[url=http://www.imptec.com/graphics/mm_blue_glass_large.png][img]http://www.imptec.com/graphics/mm_blue_glass_small.png[/img][/url]

:wink:
Stop Button Freak
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Giarc:

For songs which are 10 minutes or longer, the beginning of the remaining time is missing on the player. Can you fix this?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

nynaevelan wrote:For songs which are 10 minutes or longer, the beginning of the remaining time is missing on the player. Can you fix this?
I actually fixed that a few weeks ago. Just download the skin again. :)
oceaneer

Post by oceaneer »

That link is broken for me. All I get is a page full of random characters. Help?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

oceaneer wrote:That link is broken for me. All I get is a page full of random characters. Help?
Right click on the link and Save Link As (For Firefox) or Save Target As (For IE) ....
oceaneer

Post by oceaneer »

Thanks Vyper
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

Hello Again - I have made some more changes to my modified Blue Glass skin. In addition to all of the original changes, I have now done the following:

- Fixed some drawing problems that showed up on my Windows 7 system (I never saw any problem on XP). There was a random horizontal line on the bottom of both the Track Properties and Options dialogs, and also some vertical lines near the right edge of the tabs in the Track Properties.
- Made all disabled and read-only edit/combo boxes appear grayed out instead of having the normal white color
- Changed the color of the thin line around the edge of the windows, tabs, etc. from bright cyan to a nicer blue that matches the player
- Minor changes to some of the font colors (Status bar text, static text, caption)

I hope you like it. You can download the skin from the link in my original post. If Windows changes the extension to .zip for some reason, just change it back to .msz. Enjoy! :D