ION Skin v 0.6

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nynaevelan
Posts: 5559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: ION Skin

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 am

I like the blue also and I am looking forward to adding it to my collection. Although I must say I am not that particular about the player, as long as it has the buttons and the song length, number of tracks in now playing list, then I am content.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany

Re: ION Skin

Post by DreadM » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:46 am

Greetings

What you think about this:

Image

This Skin is still in progress and I change again the player layout special the playcontroll,
Befor i use the default MM playcontroll icons because i got no better idea.
But maybe this change is to big?

Vyper
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: ION Skin

Post by Vyper » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am

With the exception of the background of the playlist, I like it, for a light skin. :)
Stop Button Freak

Eyal
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Québec

Re: ION Skin

Post by Eyal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Wow! DreadM it's really clean.
Beautiful. I really like it.

I agree with Vyper, the playlist background does not fit the rest of the skin.
Q: How did you get to display AA in a mirrored shadow like that?

Congratulations it's a great job.

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: ION Skin

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Eyal wrote: Q: How did you get to display AA in a mirrored shadow like that?

Congratulations it's a great job.

Eyal
It's a new option in 3.1.

@DreadM, I really like the design. Very original and clean-looking.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Dreadlau
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 am

Re: ION Skin

Post by Dreadlau » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Go for it, DreadM:)

I agree for the now playing background.
It's the only thing I changed in your skin before using it.

Anyway, you have gold in your finger and I completely trust you
in your skinning decisions.

I want to thank you again for all the work you put on your skins.
I suppose you have fun doing them, but I realize that it represent
a big amount of time and effort.

So Ty sincerely

Dreadlau
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

Davo
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ION Skin

Post by Davo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm

DreadM - Love this skin - I prefer the grey version. Uncluttered, easy on the eyes, Player doesn't take up all the real estate. I used the standard Glided skin until i tried ION.
Keep up the good work.
David
____________________________
Windows 10
MM 5 Beta

aidan_cage
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Re: ION Skin

Post by aidan_cage » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:42 am

still enjoy this skin when I open up MM, but definitely like the original over the modification. I find that curve too stylized--prefer the first design

DreadM
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Germany

Re: ION Skin

Post by DreadM » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 am

Greetings

Thanks again,glad you like my work,and yes i realy like to creat skins and it need mutch time,
but i got a great Music Program to lisent music when iam Skinning. :D

lets talk about the Playlist,it's good to haer other opinions,
how it can look?
i think if i make it the same color like the rest from skin it's geting to boring. :-?
if you got any ideas/wishes for the playlist let me know!

And i think i just update the orginal ion-c theme and let the player like he is (for the puristic ones)
and the new player get another name ,the alphabet is long! :wink:

Davo
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ION Skin

Post by Davo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I've noticed one problem with the Ion skin which occurs if you use Triximoto's AutoAlbumDJ script. In the setup for AADJ under Tools - Options - Player - Auto DJ/Now playing. When you select "Add Tracks from AADJ" 2 new fields & a select button (with the word "More") appear on the options screen. The "more" select button takes you to a more detailed set up screen for AADJ. Now comes the problem. When you first hover the cursor over the select button it disappears & doesn't reappear. Then if you place the cursor where the button should be it appears briefly but disappears as soon as the cursor moves off the button location. This behaviour didn't occur in the Glided skin so i'm assuming it's something to do with the way the Ion skin interacts with that selection button.
David
____________________________
Windows 10
MM 5 Beta

Eyal
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:27 am
Location: Québec

Re: ION Skin

Post by Eyal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

DreadM wrote:i think if i make it the same color like the rest from skin it's geting to boring.
if you got any ideas/wishes for the playlist let me know!
Image
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Benn
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Cornwall, United Kingdom

Re: ION Skin

Post by Benn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Davo, it still works if you click on the space where the 'more' button should be. It does on mine anyway.

Also, the Gilded lyrics and comment viewer looks sweet with the grey ION.. :D

Davo
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ION Skin

Post by Davo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Benn - I know it works but i still think the behaviour is'nt right. Fields shouldn't vanish ? Curious to know why.
David
____________________________
Windows 10
MM 5 Beta

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: ION Skin

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Davo wrote:I've noticed one problem with the Ion skin which occurs if you use Triximoto's AutoAlbumDJ script. In the setup for AADJ under Tools - Options - Player - Auto DJ/Now playing. When you select "Add Tracks from AADJ" 2 new fields & a select button (with the word "More") appear on the options screen. The "more" select button takes you to a more detailed set up screen for AADJ. Now comes the problem. When you first hover the cursor over the select button it disappears & doesn't reappear. Then if you place the cursor where the button should be it appears briefly but disappears as soon as the cursor moves off the button location. This behaviour didn't occur in the Glided skin so i'm assuming it's something to do with the way the Ion skin interacts with that selection button.
This happens with every MM skin, not just ION; so I think its a bug.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

dypsis
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: ION Skin

Post by dypsis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:18 am

Benn wrote:Davo, it still works if you click on the space where the 'more' button should be. It does on mine anyway.

Also, the Gilded lyrics and comment viewer looks sweet with the grey ION.. :D
Yeah. I am a Lyrics and Comment Viewer and MonkeyRok user.

I might try this ION skin with the Glided Lyrics and Comment Viewer and MonkeyRok skins.

Post Reply