Vision Skin v 2.0.0.0 (07.01.2012)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

heartofhate

Re: Vision Skin v 1.0.0.0

Post by heartofhate »

nice piece of work again!
i'd like to try it out but for some reason the file isn't installed correctly. mediamonkey even says that the installation was successful, but the skin does not appear in the monkeyrok skin-selection. there isn't even a folder created in the monkeyrok script directory.
DreadM

Re: Vision Skin v 1.0.0.0

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@heartofhate:
Hm, works fine here ,download,install,uninstall several times .
did you download / search for the right file" Vision D"? Or maybe you have the automatic skin change option activated from MR?
You can also instill the file manually , unzip the mmip and put the vision D file into the MM / Script / MonkeyRok / Skin Folder
DreadM

Re: Vision Skin v 1.1.0.0

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Well ,here is version 1.1.0.0 from Vision Skin.
still this skin have to live with the limitation's from black / dark skins (some non editable black text , etc...)

here are the changes i make based on your suggestions ,

Version 1.1.0.0
Theme:
change focused text color from edit menus
change background from search bar
fix disable checkbox image ( MagicNode )
change the default checked checkbox image

microPlayer:
fix missing shuffle button states images
fix graphical bug at play control buttons
at bigger press area to the close and maximize buttons

I'm very happy with the Results , one of my favorite Skin's,
again i have to say thanks for you comments and suggestions.

You can download at first post

Enjoy
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:D
I agree, this has become my favorite skin too.
Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

for some reason it works now. i only rebooted my pc and afterwards it was there... strange.

edit:
after using your skin for a while now i noticed a strange behaviour with monkeyrok. with the new version (vision d) i always get an error (because of the " ' " in the bandname. this issue is known and actually i have fixed this in "function.vbs".

error message:
Error executing SQL "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='Jon Oliva's Pain' " : near "s": syntax error (1,1)
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

just found this and tried it out, nice look indeed, good job.

now what comes to my mind is the missing player parts like balance,bitrate,the bouncing bars/meter.
any chance to add those?

thanks for this.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Spacekris,

This skin is supposed to look like a monitor Dread saw one day, therefore it will have a sparse look. You can add the items you want, though.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

rrfpacker wrote:You can add the items you want, though.
i can?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Yes, you will have to learn how to skin, which is a bit difficult and time consuming, especially the items you want.

Sometimes the creator of a skin will add some things on an update, but I don't think that will happen with this particular one. As I said earlier, this is supposed to look like a monitor so it will be clean. However, the creator might change his mind.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

erm, .. right.

at least please the balance and bitrate would be nice.
dont get it why thats not implemented as a standard on every skin..
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Because there are too many varying tastes. Some may not care about bitrate or whatever. There's no way to please everyone. :)
Stop Button Freak
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i think at least balance is not a matter of taste. its included in 99,9% of all amplifiers.
now that an amp isnt a neccessity anymore, the player should have this. more is better than less and sure doesnt hurt with the massive free space on the player! but lets leave it at this, its slightly OT ;)..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no i think dreadm likes to have chatter about his skin designs. he learns what users like that way.

as for learning to skin yourself there are lots of help pages at the monkey's wiki site.
and there are tips we more advanced skinners will be able to help with if you ask one of us.

but still its easier to ask the author of the skin you like if they will add your wants in to a skin version just for you, they might.? :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

chance is not big, maybe you remember, i asked this already years ago for the default mm 3.x skin and nobody listened...

i dont have time to learn skinning i am afraid.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spacekris wrote:chance is not big, maybe you remember, i asked this already years ago for the default mm 3.x skin and nobody listened...

i dont have time to learn skinning i am afraid.
i did think it was you that asked for something like this. but i did not know or remember that nobody helped you?

but this time dreadm is not the maker of the default skin so he might be willing to adjust it for you, but morten wanted to keep the default the way that the developers wanted to have it, as much as he could that is.
and if your talking about the old royalblue skin. that was the first one and most of the skinners including me were just trying to get a handle on how to make them for mm 3.

also most of us skinners wont touch a skin that is being updated and kept fresh by the author. if it is found to be a old not updated skin and the author is no place to be found. then most of us skinners will atempt to make contact with the skin's author and then if not able to get a reply, we'll try and do the request for the skin adjustments.

its not easy to non skinners waiting so long. but about 3 weeks should be enough to get a reply from the author if they are still around, if not then we might make an update and hold it for another week or two all the time trying to get a reply from the original author, if not then we might send the update to the user that requested it.

i've done that with a few skins but don't use the same name for the skin when i do that.

so give dreadm a chance on this he's a good skin author and like the rest of us seems willing to help. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.