Vision Skin v 2.0.0.0 (07.01.2012)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

Re: Vision Skin v 1.0.0.0

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks,him who changes every time his name :lol:

Code: Select all

When editing text there sometimes isn't enough contrast between the text and background.
Where or when you mean exactly?

The taskbar player needs a dedicated area to quickly bring up the current song panel OR it need to come up quicker.
We skinners can't control this

The taskbar player restore button needs to be a little bigger for those with high res monitors (hard to hit)
actual I'm working on an little update where i fix some graphic bugs and missing images ,i can make the press area a bit larger ,maybe 12x12pix.

Also I'm playing with different background's from the hole theme,
what you think about some decent circle design?

heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

1. monkeyrok: i like the new monkeyrok idea. in my opinion you can get rid of the "date added" because in my view it does not make much sense. i like the "last played" and the "played" statistics though.

2. background: i do not prefer a background in mediamonkey. actually this one looks kind of cool but i like to keep the backgound plain...

still one question about the resources of mediamonkey. for some reason mediamonkey requires up to 55mb of ram with the vision skin. it is strange because other skins i had only around 30mb. the only scripts i use are monkey rok and monkeyflow. is this normal or could it be that mediamonkey is just a bit trashed after playing around with it?

all in all great work dreadm! thanks
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I have to agree, I'm not a big fan of the circles in the background image. These circles look cool and blend in quite well, but I'm afraid it will make my MM too busy.
--
The gpzbc
SpiderMonkey

Post by SpiderMonkey »

This skin is gorgeous great job!

But like someone mentioned before, the edit box/search box text-color is too dark and blends in too well with the background. Same with checkboxes. It's hard to tell if something is checked or unchecked. In input/output boxes/areas, the higher the contrast the easier it is for the end-user to make sure that the information they're entering is correct and no unwanted changes can be made.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote:

When editing text there sometimes isn't enough contrast between the text and background.
Where or when you mean exactly?
I mentioned about that here.
It is very difficult to read anything when tag editing.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

After using Vision for a Couple of Weeks wrote:The taskbar player needs a dedicated area to quickly bring up the current song panel OR it need to come up quicker.
Like Dreadm stated, this is not controlled by the skin. But I'm curious what you mean by come up quicker? Are you saying that the aero peek window shows a spinning "busy" circle for longer than it should? If so, I've been trying to help the MM developers track down a bug for a while and it would be great if you could confirm the behavior. You can read abut it here. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=44265

If you are experiencing the same bug, it would probably be best if we discussed it in the other forum thread rather than in this Vision thread.
Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@ gpzbc:
i think "After using Vision for a Couple of Weeks" talk about the Song Popup Info from MicroPlayer and not about the aero peek window

@ dypsis:
I thought i fix this in version 1.0.0.0
changed color from focused text in drop down list
maybe can you post some Screenshots that i can see what you mean

@ SpiderMonkey :
Search box text can't be change just the background,i try many different colors ,darker will not work and lighter ones don't match with the black design,
but i got still hope that we can control this in the future.
for the check boxes i look again

@ heartofhate:
still one question about the resources of mediamonkey. for some reason mediamonkey requires up to 55mb of ram with the vision skin. it is strange because other skins i had only around 30mb. the only scripts i use are monkey rok and monkeyflow. is this normal or could it be that mediamonkey is just a bit trashed after playing around with it?
Well vision skin works like all other skins on my system ,i can't see that the skin use more memory than others ,also the skin files are not so big.

Ok ,the circle design background i don't include in the next version,maybe in the Extended Vision pack.
but i like this style ,so i think it's something for a new skin :lol:
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

@ dypsis:
I thought i fix this in version 1.0.0.0
changed color from focused text in drop down list
maybe can you post some Screenshots that i can see what you mean
Here you go. The field being edited is very hard to read.

DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Ok ,i see what you mean , works fine here 8) ,

any suggestions for the text color?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

What is wrong with white or light grey?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Ok ,i see what you mean , works fine here 8) ,

Try using the search panel at the top of MediaMonkey.
The same problem.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Ok ,i finish the alternative Mr Skin,
like i wrote before ,i try to give the skin a different layout,so i have to modified the html and css file.
It's the first time i make such big changes in the skin files ,i hope i make no bugy things or rubbish , but i test it and it works.
Looks like this:

You can download at first post

Enjoy
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Sweet! :D
Stop Button Freak
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I like it! It feels a little cleaner.
Thank you.

Edit: I also like it because it adds a little more vertical screen space in the MR window. That is something I need on my widescreen laptop.
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Another nice option for us. Your work is amazing.