Vision Skin v 2.0.0.0 (07.01.2012)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: Vision Skin (beta)

Post by Mizery_Made »

It's been entered as a bug (5821: Bad album art size with AlbumArtOverlay), but there's been no activity regarding it.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks for all your comments and ideas , the most things are finish.
Mizery_Made wrote:It's a shame that scripted buttons cause such a clash with this skin though, given it's lack of color. Might have to look into modifying them so they fit, then figure out how to get the "Vision-version" ones to appear. Hm.
I use a Icon viewer and noticed that the icons from LV,MR,SIP,and Right click for scripts icon's showing as Menu088-096 ( Image 1) so i add some modified icon's to the icon set,
and they show in the toolbar ( image 2) :D ,but onley MR icons work correct (on/off) :-?
Now I'm not sure what to do ? What you think about an advanced icon set that you can install manually .

Also I'm not sure about Dreadlau's suggestion to rid of the MM icon for every windows,i like the idea and it's already done ,But what think the rest from you about?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

If some of the script buttons are skinnable, then it would obviously be nice to have an "Extended" package that would cover then. However, if they're not working correctly, it may not be advisable without knowing why. It does introduce an interesting concept though, having a way to register buttons for scripts in MM, and then have them skinnable. Or available to place on other toolbars.

Maybe then, LastFM, Batch Art Finder and Magic Nodes could be fitted for scripts like these too (though Magic Nodes is less a button, and more of a Tree/Menu Icon). Wishful thinking, I spose. Your modified icons do look nice though. :wink:

Removing the MM Icon from the windows is a good move in my opinion, as it keeps the title bars more consistent throughout, since it's not there for the main window. It also suffered the issue of clashing with the color scheme, so it won't be an "eye sore" (bit of an overstatement, but... yeah).

EDIT: Strange that MR is the only one that works with on/off, as with the standard icon, I notice no difference in it between the on and off states. However, the SIP button changes colors to indicate the state, perhaps due to their similarity, you've confused the two? If that's the case, maybe SIP is scripted to indicate on/off state, whereas MR isn't? Can't comment on the other two, as I use neither script.

EDIT 2: I just noticed that the MR icon appears twice, but differently as 89 & 90... which further makes it strange it doesn't work. That is, unless like previously mentioned, given their similarities, you might've gotten them mixed up?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have no idea how hard it is to create/skin the icons, but I second the idea that if it is possible they would look nice, especially in dark skins. I lighter skins sometimes the different colors look good.

Again, you get to decide. So far all your decisions are good!
dypsis

Seek Bar

Post by dypsis »

A faint line to show where the Seek Bar is would be great.

It is currently invisible, so you need to guess where it is to progress the track using the Seek Bar.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

That's something I've thought about suggesting. It is quite hard to seek toward the end of the song, if you're not too far in. However, I realize that doing so would disrupt the design to some degree. Would be a point toward usability however.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I really like the fact the seek bar is hidden, a look that contributes to the clean design and it's different. I don't have any problem using it.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Script Icons:
Hmm,I make some more test's and it look like the script Icons got no fix mapping for menu icon numbers :-?
so this was a short nice dream.

SeekBar:
Still i prefer the SeekBar without Background,everything you place behind will break the Design,
but i look what i can do.
I try different thing's and the best solution i found until now looks like this
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

DreadM wrote: SeekBar:
Still i prefer the SeekBar without Background,everything you place behind will break the Design,
but i look what i can do.
That looks really great to me. :)
It looks like you have added a little glow to the end of the seek trail.
dypsis

Data Entry Fields Black On Black

Post by dypsis »

I have noticed that the data entry fields such as tagging fields and the search box is black text with black background.
I have trouble reading it while editing. The font becomes white after focus is lost.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:SeekBar:
I like it!
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

DreadM,

I know you are looking for input, otherwise I wouldn't say anything. I will restate that I like the seek bar the way it is now, invisible. Much cleaner in my opinion.

However, you get to choose. If you choose to change it however, I hope you tell us how to make the seek bar like Beta!

Still anxiously awaiting the final version.
Benn

Post by Benn »

Maybe a compromise would be to keep it invisible until you mouse-over it?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Benn wrote:Maybe a compromise would be to keep it invisible until you mouse-over it?
That would be nice but unfortunately not possible!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dypsis

Re: Seek Bar

Post by dypsis »

dypsis wrote:A faint line to show where the Seek Bar is would be great.

It is currently invisible, so you need to guess where it is to progress the track using the Seek Bar.
Another thing I noticed with the Seek Bar on this skin is that I can't back track the song using the Seek Bar when it is nearing the end of the track.