Winamp's skins

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Winamp's skins

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone,

Can we use Winamp skins to customise MM's latest version (the current one) ?
Thanks for answering :)
nohitter151

Re: Winamp's skins

Post by nohitter151 »

Nope.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

OK
Thanks for ur answer :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes you can.

it is not like you non skinners can do but only a skinner can use it to make an mediamonkey skin.

because he would tear out the images and adjust them for use in mediamonkey's skinning files.

would take time to do all that and is not worth it unless you really wanted one of those skins and learned
how to make a mediamonkey skin so you could convert it to mediamonkey.

but most are not wanting to mess with converting winamp skins. because it requires permissions being given
to the mediamonkey skin author from the winamp skin author. and they don't like to give them.

but you could always request the winamp author also make one version for use in mediamonkey. take a shield with you
in to the winamp forum if you are going to atempt that request post there.
they will toss stones at you, well not all of them but most will not like your request and might not answer you anymore?

i'm not even in that forum any more, they took down one of my skins i made for them and now i have only one there, and they refuse to update it with the new images i sent to them. i think it is because i made only 3 skins for them and have made 23 for mediamonkey.

:lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Winamp Skins Are Lousy

Post by dypsis »

Guest wrote:Hi everyone,

Can we use Winamp skins to customise MM's latest version (the current one) ?
Thanks for answering :)
Why would you want them?
They're all crap. :D

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.
I have never liked Winamp or the lousy interface and skins. :roll:

Post by Guest »

I was asking u that because Winamp has more skins than MM :wink:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Guest wrote:I was asking u that because Winamp has more skins than MM :wink:
winamp has sold out to movie companys and other software programmers which make new skins for each movie release and for the odd new software program release.

plus winamp had made or some one that liked winamp made a program that automaticly makes skins for it by recoloring other skins they all have the same buttons and the same shape.

mediamonkey does not have those issues. or auto creation programs we here make skins as fast as we are able too.

some have stopped because it was harder then they thought to learn. some had only wanted a few skins.

and some others have gone over the edge in making as many as they can as fast as they can which i have to say i can't help it. :roll: :lol: :wink: 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.