UMP skin v 2.0.0.0 15/01/2012

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: UMP skin (beta release) 20/06/2010

Post by rovingcowboy »

no dreadm this is a flat panel screen on this computer the colors might be different on the crt tubes for you like they were for me. but all i get on this flat panel is black in the background.
might be a tinge of red in it but its barely there if any and that makes it more black. but i can't tell the fonts from the background but as i said its up to the user to get or not get the skin. i'm just glad you are making some, :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you have your monitors set to an extremely dark image. Mine are dark and the text is clearly readable on the grey background. I understand though that this isn't for everyone as there is a lack of contrast, but other seek this and as such it's good that it exists.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

must be the drivers then cause if i lighten this monitor any i lose the blue shades on this forum. they all turn white.
so it is set as light as possible and still see the blue shades here, which means it can't be too dark. just must be the drivers? or color temp's between my ati drivers and you guy's other drivers.? but black is black here. and gray is gray, what i see in his tree background is either gray or dark gray or midnight gray. its dang near as black as you can get with out being black. i can't make out the text in it but there does appear to be some shaped pixels in it which i presume is the fonts., so since we all remember the difference that was going on with me and morten when i used a crt and he had the flat panel i can only say if dreadm has a crt then that is the same thing that is going on now.
and i think it was the color temp of the monitors in that deal with morten and mine.

just confusing as .. that they can't get an os to use the same colors as the same other os on a different computer system. that is one thing you would have thought they could get right. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Thank you for the Monkeyrok skin paku. :D
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

Post by Guest »

Great Skin ..... I noticed you somehow fixed the bug that causes album art to appear as a tiny low res image when clicking on album art in the player.

Could you fix this for your vision skins too ?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Great Skin ..... I noticed you somehow fixed the bug that causes album art to appear as a tiny low res image when clicking on album art in the player.

Could you fix this for your vision skins too ?
That was a bug in MM that has been fixed in the beta releases:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5821

In other words, it should be fixed for all skins if you are using the beta version of MM. If you aren't using a beta version, that means he didn't use the overlay in this skin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Nope I am, not using the beta ..... Dread somehow fixed the issue within the skin itself
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Nope I am, not using the beta ..... Dread somehow fixed the issue within the skin itself
I already said if you aren't using the beta then he didn't use the overlay feature in this skin in my previous post.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I can't get MR panel to work. Anyone else having the same problem?

I downloaded, unzipped and put in UMP folder within Monkey Rok. I get the same look as if I'm trying to use a skin not upgraded to MR5. Thoughts?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

@rovingcowboy - you're gonna have to accept the fact that it's something specific to your system my friend. I just tried it and it's easily readable for me, and I have my display set darker than the factory default. :)
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nope not my system it is new.
i can see all the shades of colors on it in every other skin and app and web site.

only thing i can think of is as i said drivers, i've got the latest ati drivers. :D
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

rrfpacker wrote:I can't get MR panel to work. Anyone else having the same problem?

I downloaded, unzipped and put in UMP folder within Monkey Rok. I get the same look as if I'm trying to use a skin not upgraded to MR5. Thoughts?
That's weird. I just installed the MR skin and it seems to be working ok for me.

@paku - Thanks for the MR and LyricsViewer skins. They will hold me over nicely until DreadM has time to put together his "official" version.
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
Guest wrote:Nope I am, not using the beta ..... Dread somehow fixed the issue within the skin itself
Well ,like Nohitter say's Ump skin got no AlbumArt Overlay Object and that's why it shows correct.
the onley skins from me that use AArtOverlay is the Vision and Eclipse ,and with the last beta version from MM they work also correct.

Thanks a lot to the Dev's :D
paku wrote:These are my first skins, so please be gentle The MonkeyRok skin took me a while because I almost had no idea, what I was doing
:lol: I know exactly what you mean :lol: .Good job for your first skins :wink: the LV skin could be a little more fine tuning tolerated .

What you think about this layout:
The info hader contains AArt and Title ,Artist ,Album and Rating,if you minimize this you hide the below Playcontrols ,seek and volumenbar and the extra infos,AArt and Title info is still showing.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

DreadM wrote:What you think about this layout:
The info hader contains AArt and Title ,Artist ,Album and Rating,if you minimize this you hide the below Playcontrols ,seek and volumenbar and the extra infos,AArt and Title info is still showing.
I Love that layout! I like the way that the information (title, artist, etc) stands out a bit more because of its heavier weight.
But, I much prefer tabs. I imagine you will do both. :D
--
The gpzbc
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
gpzbc wrote:But, I much prefer tabs. I imagine you will do both.
Maybe something more like this: