UMP skin v 2.0.0.0 15/01/2012

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

DreadM

UMP skin v 2.0.0.0 15/01/2012

Post by DreadM »

UMP Skin v 2.0.0.0

First released: 20.06.2010

Current version:2.0.0.0

Last Update: 15.01.2012

Greetings

Here is a skin that based on an Opera Widget calls Unite Media Player

i really like this widget it have a nice layout and gives you the possibility to hear and share Music with other Opera unite users ,so i try to convert this skin style to Media Monkey.

Theme version 2:

New Miniplayer / Videoplayer:

Microplayer:

Download:
MediaMonkeySkin:
UMP.mmip

MonkeyRokSkins:
MR UMP v 5,3,2,0.mmip
MR UMP Tab v 5,3,2,0.mmip

Fixes / News
Version 2.0.0.0
update for MM4
add necessary stuff like:
Main Tabs, Art and Details Tabs
fix Album overlay,etc....
add new Float player and video player

Note:
if you have any ideas for this skin let me know.

Enjoy
Last edited by DreadM on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Re: UMP skin (beta release) 20/06/2010

Post by rovingcowboy »

tree fonts are too dark as a matter of fact i can't see any text there. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Absolutely Gorgeous skin there Mr DreadM. :D

Enjoy your Summer.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I really like the looks of this skin. It has a lot of potential.

Enjoy your time away!
Thanks for the beta version to chew on while you are away. :D

EDIT: I just installed the beta version of this skin and I am very impressed. It is very very polished. MediaMonkey should consider adding Vision or UMP as the default skin. You and Eyal really have a knack for producing beautiful dark skins. Thank you. I'll try to give some constructive feedback on the beta.
Last edited by gpzbc on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
tinana

Post by tinana »

Oh boy is this nice! Thank-you, and enjoy your Summer!
MM Gold/Lifetime member
paku

Post by paku »

I created a lyrics viewer theme based on this skin for myself.
if you want to use it, too, get it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?0yrnt5zmknc
tirim4

Post by tirim4 »

I think Id allso prefer a maybe white font or something at least lighter then black.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I agree, that the text is a little bit difficult to read since it is so similar to the background color. However, I really like the background color and the concept of having a dark text on that dark background color. It is different from all of the other dark themes.

UPDATE: The more I use this skin, the more I like the black text on the dark background. It is just so sleek. However, not all of my text is black. The "Album Art with Details" view uses white text for my library. And the black text in the folder tree and now playing list look much better.

UPDATE 2: That's weird. I just switched to plain "Details" view, and noticed that the text was black. Then I switched back to "Album Art with Details" view and the text is now black too! :-? That's great, but I'm not sure what is going on.

UPDATE 3: I just minimzed MM to the mini-player and the library text in "Album Art with Details" view reverted back to white text. I think I may have found a bug.
Last edited by gpzbc on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
--
The gpzbc
paku

Post by paku »

Seems like your monitors are too dark because I have no problems reading the text. I really like the dark text on the grey background.
@DreadM:
If you choose to use a lighter color for the text, please make two versions. One with dark text and one with light text. :D

Edit:
btw I also created a MonkeyRok theme based on this theme. If you want it, just tell me.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Im in for the monkeyrok skin paku.

I just saw your screenshot in the gallery thread.
And I really like it.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks people, glad you like the skin, :D
Looks like it's a bit controvers ,you can be sure i test it on my 24 inch monitor without problems ,also in the last days on my eee PC ,who got from natural not so bright monitor ,but i can read the text without problems, :-? .
gpzbc wrote:UPDATE 2: That's weird. I just switched to plain "Details" view, and noticed that the text was black. Then I switched back to "Album Art with Details" view and the text is now black too! That's great, but I'm not sure what is going on.
well it's a normal behavior , we can handel 3 different text color's,
1:unselect window / text = gray
2:select window = black
3:select text = white

@paku:
IF you like ,publish your LV and MR skin's here ,with screenshot's and download link ,
i got also some nice ideas for a MR skin ,i will start when i'am back :wink:
paku wrote:@DreadM:If you choose to use a lighter color for the text, please make two versions. One with dark text and one with light text.
i just wan't to make one version ,so what to do with the black text ? Me i like it like it is 8)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks!
DreadM wrote:
paku wrote:@DreadM:If you choose to use a lighter color for the text, please make two versions. One with dark text and one with light text.
i just wan't to make one version ,so what to do with the black text ? Me i like it like it is 8)
Yes, I'm pretty sure the black text gets my vote too.
--
The gpzbc
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if you like to use a skin that is unreadable then it is your right to do so.

but i don't like to see things that are to give information to people be unable to have everyone read that information if it is typed there by them when they try to use the thing or shown in type to them by the thing.

but sure if you want the black font on black background that is fine its just not going to be used by more then about .000002 percent of the people in the world. cause they too can't read what is there.

remember older users need more contrast then what black on black gives? of course they would not get the skin
cause they can not read it.

now for the artist side of me.

that black skin with everything black will be great to keep the album covers shown and in the main focus of the users.
and this gives a style that not many do in way of art.
its more goth then most like.

but so will the monkeyflow script if it is used by those that can use it.

so basicly what the deal is,
Is that you make it like you want if some one else gets it then there are two that at least have the same likes. but those that don't won't get it. 8)

even simpler way of saying it is.

it is your skin you are just offering it for download by others that might like what you do.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks RC,
but there is absolute no black Background in this Skin,
I think you have a monitor problem,maybe you have to use a monitor testing tool you suggest often in some older post's from you :lol: 8) :wink:
paku

Post by paku »

Here you go

MonkeyRok Skin:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1kzowyjotez
extract to 'MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins'
I only skinned the Icons I needed. I didn't need the player icons. If you do, tell me and I'll change them.
Screenshot:

LyricsViewer Skin:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0yrnt5zmknc
extract to 'MediaMonkey\Scripts\LyricsViewer\themes'
Screenshot:

These are my first skins, so please be gentle :lol:
The MonkeyRok skin took me a while because I almost had no idea, what I was doing :D
If you discover any mistakes, please tell me.

@DreadM:
I couldn't wait for your MR skin, so I decided to create one on my own. Can't wait to see your's :D