Glided - Smaller Player

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

timjthomas

Glided - Smaller Player

Post by timjthomas »

I like the Glided skin, but the player is too large. Is there a way to make the player smaller?

Thanks,

Tim
nohitter151

Re: Glided - Smaller Player

Post by nohitter151 »

Only by editing the skin (that would not be a small task though, it would take a lot of time). You could try some other skins that have smaller players, or just disable the player entirely (under the "View" menu).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

Thanks - any recommendations?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

timjthomas wrote:Thanks - any recommendations?
someone made a slim player you might like that one, what size of screen are you using. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

rovingcowboy wrote:someone made a slim player you might like that one, what size of screen are you using. 8)
It's a 14" laptop. What I'd like to see is that the player is about the same width as the library menu on the left. That would allow maximum amount of screen for library itself.

I hope that makes sense.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Check MM4 Vitreous Skin :)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

Peke wrote:Check MM4 Vitreous Skin :)
How do I do that?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Dreadlau wrote:mm4 public alpha is now downloadable here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 56#p278637
The vitreous skin is included in the download.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

Dreadlau wrote:
Dreadlau wrote:mm4 public alpha is now downloadable here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 56#p278637
The vitreous skin is included in the download.
Thanks!! Can I install the alpha along side the current released version without "screwing" anything up?

Thanks again.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just put it in another folder it should run that way. i got mm 2 in a folder called mm 2 and mm 3 in a folder for mm 3.

so i can't see why it would not work that way for mm 4 :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
timjthomas

Post by timjthomas »

rovingcowboy wrote:just put it in another folder it should run that way. i got mm 2 in a folder called mm 2 and mm 3 in a folder for mm 3.

so i can't see why it would not work that way for mm 4 :D
I've done just that :D Do both versions use the same database?

I like the layout of MM4, but not the color of the skin. Are there other skin options? Also, is there a summary someplace of the new functionality or what I should try out / help test?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

timjthomas wrote:I like the layout of MM4, but not the color of the skin. Are there other skin options?
Yes. In tools > options > skin, try the Pulse skin.
timjthomas wrote:Also, is there a summary someplace of the new functionality or what I should try out / help test?
There is no change-log yet.
But there is always the bug tracker: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nojac

Post by nojac »

timjthomas wrote:
What I'd like to see is that the player is about the same width as the library menu on the left. That would allow maximum amount of screen for library itself.
In my opinion, the place consuming player is the main disadvantage of MM3. Very few skins have players that can be placed under the left panel.

I have solved the problem by customizing my favourite skins (spotify-indie and other dark skins), replacing the standard player with the microplayer which I place under the left panel in the main window. This is a rather simple process which involves unzipping the skin file (.msz) and renaming the microplayer to player.mskin.

All the skins of the MM4-alpha occupy the width of the main window. Glided is far too big and really needs a redesign if it is still to be included in the standard download. 4-delletronic eee (black and green)and Vitreous (white) players are much lower and less space-consuming. Nice! (A LOW player "band" at the bottom is the alternative to a left panel only player)

Hopefully, many of the very good MM-skinners will remember the laptop users with small screens in their future desgins.

PS I am impressed that MM4 Alpha already seems to work perfectly side by side with MM3!
Last edited by nojac on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
nojac wrote:Please make an alternative player the width of the left panel.
well, left panel / tree is also resizable and it's not easy to create a good looking / working small player,
and i think most new users don't know how to use them right, and i think small players don't really save space on small screens!

I run also a 15" and 10" laptop and prefer very slim players at the bottom like the eee player versions i make .