mediamonkey 4's skins issues

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

mediamonkey 4's skins issues

Post by rovingcowboy »

1. i did not over install the mm 3 with it so i only use the free version of mm 4 beta to test.

that said now i have to say this.

not to make anyone mad but i don't like any of the default skins except the old gilded one of mortens. and i am use to it that is why i like it at all. but the others are either too dark or too light. or have nothing in the way of eye candy to attrack the new users to mediamonkey. sorry nohitter151 but it really shows in your latest skin what type of work you do in the day job.
your first version of that skin was way better then this one, it was fun and modern in style, this one is looking like a hosptial application for filling out prescrip... or for filling out patit...information.
no imagenation in it at all just lines and bright white colorless look to it. rather blinding to me.

okay my issues with the defualt skins are said. and i know this is a beta version of mm 4 so the skins could have just been put in it unfinished to get something in there for users to beable to test the mm 4 version.

now to the other issue.

how to change the no album art images ? did you already say how petcbr and i missed it? i loaded the mm 3 skins of mine
and found that the no album art images in the icon folder included in the skin did not show up.

there seems to be a new button for stop after current is that needed as a default button?

also how do you put it in full screen? or is that only on the gold version and thats why i could not see the new player?
not to worry i tore apart the msz file and looked at the new skin in the theme editor. but would have been nice to see
it show up on screen but it looks like my first thoughts on it seveal months ago are correct its a new floating player.

thats all i found on it if you guys can answer them. thats great. please nohitter151 don't be upset that i don't like your new version of the skin but i really like your older version better, some things just should not be messed with after you make them as good as they can get. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Re: mediamonkey 4's skins issues

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
rovingcowboy wrote:how to change the no album art images ? did you already say how petcbr and i missed it? i loaded the mm 3 skins of mineand found that the no album art images in the icon folder included in the skin did not show up.
NoAArt.png and NoAArtNew.png works fine here ,( Skin folder must be compressed )to show correct ,but this you know!
rovingcowboy wrote:there seems to be a new button for stop after current is that needed as a default button?

No,it's a new kind of button's called Customize Button's ,like i know just "stop after current" is specified at the moment,
I think there will come some more!

Code: Select all

Wiki:
Action 
Name of the internal action (mainly for custom buttons) - introduced in MM4
rovingcowboy wrote:also how do you put it in full screen? or is that only on the gold version and thats why i could not see the new player?
Full screen player ( Videoplayer )is just showing if you play a video in full screen mode
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

um ?

the skin is in compressed msz format and it still don't show the no album art images?
or maybe its just a new background i'm seeing when there is nothing playing it just shows
the default image where the album art shows. under the tabs.?

also thanks for the confirm of how dumb i am i found that i needed a video to be playing
before i seen the link to go full screen. duh?? which way did they go which way did they go? :o

i did see my float player idea is half correct. its the main player but it is shown with out the theme mskn.
as i have the float shrunk to show short width and it does that but it still has that long right part
of the client showing for the main player to be drawn on. so i guess its going to be
back to the editor to fix that in my full screen player. also i did see that the vu meters don't work
on the full screen player is that an oversite or do you not want them to work? if you don't want them working
then i can lower the height of my full screen player. also the playlist button in the full screen player is not working
the open file button works.
the full screen is also showing up very dark is that because of what you did. or because of my not having the setting for
it correct? i'll look for a setting while waiting for an answer.

thanks again. dreadm for your reply to a old guy that can't remember s...

:roll:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Rayomoonshine

Post by Rayomoonshine »

Just installed MM4. My skins used to work perfectly in mm3. now the tree and details are in a different color than they were in 3. This is on many skins. I use Cafe Moka 5B, but it seems to be the same on all of them. Do they need to be reinstalled in 4?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Rayomoonshine wrote:Just installed MM4. My skins used to work perfectly in mm3. now the tree and details are in a different color than they were in 3. This is on many skins. I use Cafe Moka 5B, but it seems to be the same on all of them. Do they need to be reinstalled in 4?
No, you probably just need to disable the override background setting at Option > Skin
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Rayomoonshine

Post by Rayomoonshine »

I tried all those settings, didn't make a difference. I did find one that worked ok that I like, so I guess I can live with it.

Frustrating that I was forced into the upgrade because they decided that it would be better for the user to just upgrade than for them to fix the freedb code... yeah, better for more money for Ventis!

Thanks