MM4 and MonkeyRok Skins

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Goodog

MM4 and MonkeyRok Skins

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

This is probably a really stupid question and I apologise beforehand for asking it but I'm gonna anyway.

Is anyone else having trouble with MonkeyRok skins in MM4? I can't load any new MR skins at all so, is it because I'm doing something really stupid, always a possibility or is it just not possible yet? I realise that the skins have been designed for MM3 so is that the reason? Also, while I'm aking questions, what skinning engine is used for MM4, is it still the same one as for MM3?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Goodog
trixmoto

Re: MM4 and MonkeyRok Skins

Post by trixmoto »

MonkeyRok does not use the skinning engine, it just uses HTML/CSS. In MM4 the scripts are now installed on a per-user basis by default, so assuming you've done this; when you add skins you need to be doing it in your user's local data folder, not the program files folder.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Thanks for this Trix, I wasn't looking there at all. I tried to install some skins in the usual way by using the .mmip file but I just got a 'could not install' error message so I unzipped the mmip but I couldn't see where to put the files. I'll try this and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards

Goodog
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

on Win 7 it is located under: User /UserName / AppData / Roaming / MediaMonkey / Scripts
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hey Guys

Thanks for the replies, that did the trick, all working now!

BTW, what do you use to skin MM4 in general?

Best Regards

Goodog