Abrax Skins v.1.0 (26.09.11)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Vyper

Re: Abrax Skins v.1.0 (26.09.11)

Post by Vyper »

Thanks for the CS version Coach. :)

I do have one question though. At the very bottom, between the Now Playing List and the player, there seems to be a gap between the album art and the Now Playing List menu bar. It seems to start about 3 or 4 rows up and gets wider as it goes down:

Any idea why?
Stop Button Freak
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

rrfpacker wrote:I like your original Abrax better...
I'm with you on that one...

rrfpacker wrote:are you working on a skin with the theme you mentioned in the Magneto thread? You know the one with polka dots/honeycomb?
It's on my list but I'm fast running out of available time and (truth be told) enthusiasm.

Let me know how you get on with Xtreme...in all honesty I did it on a whim and it works for me....I'm sure I'll be in a minority though :wink:
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Dirt wrote:But, do you think it would be better to have the album art and visualisation in the middle, right below the track information?...
...There is a lot of blank space at the bottom middle for it to go.
There isn't that much space if you use the player in it's smallest state and not stretched over the entire width of the screen (see player image at first post) and then that would leave the rating/info panel out to the right looking unbalanced....so then that would have to come to the middle as well....

I get your point.....but it ain't gonna happen :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Vyper wrote:there seems to be a gap between the album art and the Now Playing List menu bar.....
....Any idea why?
The simple answer would be no. But in all honesty I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Th image looks like you're using the SP/SPCS version and there is no album art with that?....
More info?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Coach,

I'm heading away from the Monkey for about a week so I won't be able to play with Xtreme until then. Suffice it to say I really like it. With my laptop I put MiniLyrics panel either above or below and it works great.

Don't run out of enthusiasm for the other one, it looks very promising! And please still consider making the player not dark but more like your theme colors. No rush, you have other things to do I'm sure (Magneto MR, LV skins hint hint).
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker... BEAT YOU TO IT!!! go check the Magneto thread. :lol:
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

CoachUK wrote:
Vyper wrote:there seems to be a gap between the album art and the Now Playing List menu bar.....
....Any idea why?
The simple answer would be no. But in all honesty I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Th image looks like you're using the SP/SPCS version and there is no album art with that?....
More info?
I don't know if this will make it any clearer or not and if it doesn't, don't worry about it. It's a really minor cosmetic issue and probably not worth troubling over:

Stop Button Freak
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Vyper; I've had that gap problem before. I made the panel smaller.

Coach; I'll get to it in a week. Thank you.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

CoachUK wrote:
Dirt wrote:But, do you think it would be better to have the album art and visualisation in the middle, right below the track information?...
...There is a lot of blank space at the bottom middle for it to go.
There isn't that much space if you use the player in it's smallest state and not stretched over the entire width of the screen (see player image at first post) and then that would leave the rating/info panel out to the right looking unbalanced....so then that would have to come to the middle as well....

I get your point.....but it ain't gonna happen :D
You could just move the cover art over to the middle below the track info. :wink:
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

rrfpacker wrote:Vyper; I've had that gap problem before. I made the panel smaller.
Made what panel smaller? I tried both the album art panel and the now playing list and neither have any effect. Even if it did, that's only masking the problem, not resolving it. :)
Stop Button Freak
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have always been able to resize the ML panel manually. If I make it smaller, AA fits better.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I have noticed with AbraxCS, there is no "right click" with MonkeyRok.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Right-click works fine for me.
Stop Button Freak
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Vyper wrote:Right-click works fine for me.
OK. I just restarted MM, and it is working now. Another MM4 thing.
I should have investigated it further. My mistake. :wink:
Pman

Post by Pman »

Wow, another great skin CoachUK, cheers for this. You make such nice dark looking skins, they look very professional! :D

I must say youve dont a good job on the headers i quite like the background shading. Ive only tried the AbraxSP but i love the detail and the layout of the player. Your scrollbars look amazing as well, your design makes them look subtle and not an obstruction to the skin. Oh and I think the checkered background looks awesome too!

Just a few little things i noticed:

1. Im not sure if youve included a mute button or not, but i cant find one. Maybe consider making the left volume icon a mute button.
2. For the buttons on the player, you could make a highlight button, similar to the BitmapPressed button but with the blue flashing blob replaced with a different colour like white/greyish. Would make it look polished.
3. If you have a genre that's quite long, ive noticed that the end of it gets cut off. You dont have to worry about this as such as there's hardly any genres that are big enough to be cut off.
4. The black line under the Art&Details tabs looks weird, you could remove it ([PageControl] CoverWindowTabsLineUnderTabs=0 works i think).
5. Lastly there's two black pixels on the + sign for main tabs. From far out it looks like the + sign is half missing.

I hope you dont give up on making skins, the skinning world here wouldnt be the same without you!

Oh, ps. I just noticed the transparent highlighted/unfocused image for a selected tracklist or tree list and it looks guuuuuuuuuudddddd! :lol:
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!