Requesting Aid

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

tommae88

Requesting Aid

Post by tommae88 »

Hi Everyone,

I doubt many of you guys recognize me, I used to lurk around these forums a great deal a few years ago though. I recently started to try and tackle my music collection again, and, undoubtedly got sidetracked along the way and started working on a new skin. I'm pretty happy with it so far, and I have to give a big thanks to DreadM, as I used his Delletronic Skin as a base to start working on this and figuring out how everything fit together again. This isn't a release post, but I wanted to throw the thanks out there anyways. Anyways, onto the meat of the post. I've been having a few issues figuring out some specific elements on the skin and would like to see if anybody could help out quick.

Here's just a quick little image of the general theme of the skin.

Now, the first question I have to anybody is what skinning element are the grey bars here in the Auto Tag features.

Secondly, is there anyway to change the default window color of the lyrics/comments pane shown here?

I have a few text related questions here. The first is, which property should i be changing for the text in the drop-down boxes here because I have some text that seems similar (search field, editing anything such as a song title, and drop down boxes) that are behaving differently from one another. The background selection colors are also behaving differently in those fields.

And the second question, where would the text option be to change the font color of the "Search Results" button shown here, as it doesn't seem to work as a regular menu item.

Last one about the text. Is there any way to center this object vertically in the player bar? I tried the CenterOffsetY within the settings, but It only moved the trackbar + the text since they are linked as an entity in the settings. I tried to make the artist - title string as a separate entity but it wasn't letting me just 'center' it without giving it an x,y position somewhere.

Final question for now, I swear :wink: . These are my New Tab normal/hot buttons on the right, and the way the button is actually behaving on the player on the left. I'm trying to determine where this extra 'noise' is coming from and just can't quite get it. Zoomed in I think it almost looks like another small +, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, thanks for any help if anybody can offer it, would really appreciate it, and I'm glad to be lurking around here again :) . Thanks.

P.S. Any suggestions are welcome as well.

-Tom
rrfpacker

Re: Requesting Aid

Post by rrfpacker »

I can't help with any of your questions, I just wanted to say Welcome Back. I know I used a couple of your skins when I first started to use MM. Your skin looks great, can't wait until it's finished. I'll also be the first of many to say "Will you make other colors than yellow; like red, orange (somebody already asked for that in another thread), or blue?". :D

I'm sure someone will help soon.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

tommae88 wrote:Now, the first question I have to anybody is what skinning element are the grey bars here in the Auto Tag features.
As i know it's not possible to change them ,at last i don't know where .
tommae88 wrote:Secondly, is there anyway to change the default window color of the lyrics/comments pane shown here?
No , not with Theme Editor !
tommae88 wrote:change the font color of the "Search Results" button shown here, as it doesn't seem to work as a regular menu item.
don't see this ,are these script item's ?
tommae88 wrote:Last one about the text. Is there any way to center this object vertically in the player bar?
No there is no align option for text in the seek bar ( but would be really useful :D )
only thing you can do is to try different font sizes ,or make the seek bar a bit higher with transparent background :wink: !
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

tommae88 wrote:Final question for now, I swear . These are my New Tab normal/hot buttons on the right, and the way the button is actually behaving on the player on the left. I'm trying to determine where this extra 'noise' is coming from and just can't quite get it. Zoomed in I think it almost looks like another small +, but I'm not sure.
for the New tab you have 2 objects :
Main Tabs > "New" and "New Tab"
i think you have a graphic overlay in one of these objects!