Skin - with high visibility?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

markeh

Skin - with high visibility?

Post by markeh »

A long time ago, when I first installed MM the default skin worked great - blue and white, very visible and easy to read, relatively compact.

Since that time MM has upgraded, and my system upgraded from XP to Win7.

I can no longer find a skin exactly like I use to use. I'm not interested in bright colors or design. Many of the skins that I find are either too dark or too light - poor font/background contrast, or they have a limited player (with wasted space).

Any suggestions of a skin like the old, original default??

thnx,

Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct sub-forum
rrfpacker

Re: Skin - with high visibility?

Post by rrfpacker »

I think the old default skin was Glided and it's still available. There are lots of lighter skins, you'll just have to peruse the Artwork forum to find one you like.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no theyre talking about the blue monkey skin.

i only updated it from mm 2 to mm 3 its called Esthetic Hi Fi.msz on my download site they said mm 3 skins should work in mm 4. i have some issues with them doing so but it does load here and work just slight minor issue of white bar on the float player. but it seems i'm the only one with xp that gets that in mm 4, they said my skins work on win 7 in mm 4, so go get it and try it. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
markeh

Post by markeh »

rovingcowboy wrote:no theyre talking about the blue monkey skin.

i only updated it from mm 2 to mm 3 its called Esthetic Hi Fi.msz on my download site they said mm 3 skins should work in mm 4. i have some issues with them doing so but it does load here and work just slight minor issue of white bar on the float player. but it seems i'm the only one with xp that gets that in mm 4, they said my skins work on win 7 in mm 4, so go get it and try it. :D
Thanks. But I tried this skin, and it isn't really what I remember as the "standard" skin. A I remember the older skin, it was navy/white. The Esthetic skin seems to have a number of very bright blue colors, and the player is almost unusable (to my eyes).

I don't remember where I downloaded this skin, and don't know where your site is. Maybe I have the wrong version??

thnx,
TryThis

Post by TryThis »

I have a feeling you may be referring to the Blue Glass skin.

Have a look here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=28804

:o
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

markeh wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:no theyre talking about the blue monkey skin.

Thanks. But I tried this skin, and it isn't really what I remember as the "standard" skin. A I remember the older skin, it was navy/white. The Esthetic skin seems to have a number of very bright blue colors, and the player is almost unusable (to my eyes).

I don't remember where I downloaded this skin, and don't know where your site is. Maybe I have the wrong version??

thnx,

yep as i said i updated the skin. to look like blue monkey mm 2 version with this other skin of mine the player is what my sister wanted then now she does not want it in mm 3. which is why she still uses mm 2 but its as close as i know you can get to the old mm 2 default blue monkey skin in mm 3. some one still might have updated mm 2's blue monkey to work in mm 4. but i don't really think so since the mm 2 program was a fixed in size skin. mm 3 is stretchable skin with mulitiple player, better library and other ideas added in to it. mm 4 is even more of a mix of all the previous mm versions with and has video added in to it now.
they don't really want the fixed size player skin look some stretch skins in mm 3 can be made small and some of mine have a fixed sized player in them leaving a long empty side on the player that is used to cover the bare space when you put them in a dock that is made for the longer players.

but most have either stopped making skins until all bugs are fixed in mm 4 or just stopped alltogher.

my site link is found at the monkeys wiki site.
on the skins pages when you view my skin's displayed thumbnail page its on the top of that page.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.