ND3 skin v.1.0. (16-07-2012)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

ND3 skin v.1.0. (16-07-2012)

Post by CoachUK »

First released: 16-07-2012

Current version: 1.0

Last Update: 16-07-2012

ND3 (NouveauDark 3) is the latest version of my first ever skin (NouveauDark).

Although this is officially version3, it differs so much from the previous versions I thought I'd give it it's own Post.

Available with:
- Blue, Green & Red themes
- Matching MonkeyRok & LyricsViewer skins
- Slimline MiniPlayer (FloatPlayer)
- FullScreen Video Player
- Micro (Task Bar) Player.

DOWNLOAD:

ND3_blue:
Theme - ND3_blue.mmip
MonkeyRok - MR_ND3_blue.zip
LyricsViewer -LV_ND3_blue.zip

ND3_green:
Theme - ND3_green.mmip
MonkeyRok - MR_ND3_green.zip
LyricsViewer -LV_ND3_green.zip

ND3_red:
Theme - ND3_red.mmip
MonkeyRok - MR_ND3_red.zip
LyricsViewer -LV_ND3_red.zip
Last edited by CoachUK on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Stigg

Re: New Skin: ND3

Post by Stigg »

Wow.

These are beautiful, Coach.

Thank you very much. :)

Just one question... Is the Lyrics Viewer skin the same for all colours? It doesn't appear to have any colour.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Stigg - glad you like the skin. The LyricsViewer is nearly the same for each, the only difference is that any 'link' text (e.g. "use Google to search") is in it's respective colour, blue/green/red.

I've included the volume percentage indicator in this one as I knew you wanted that in the Quatx skin. :D I'll get around to adding it in that one for you a.s.a.p. :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

Great Skin ...... but what not make the song display information display along one line with a much bigger font so you can see it from across the room.
Peace through music
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

CoachUK wrote:@Stigg - glad you like the skin. The LyricsViewer is nearly the same for each, the only difference is that any 'link' text (e.g. "use Google to search") is in it's respective colour, blue/green/red.

I've included the volume percentage indicator in this one as I knew you wanted that in the Quatx skin. :D I'll get around to adding it in that one for you a.s.a.p. :wink:
Thanks Coach. :)
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@sirander - I never visualised the skin that way.....BUT....one of the projects I've got in hand is a large display skin for just that purpose. I've been coming at it so far with a player designed specifically for large text. Like all things skins this means a complete design exercise and building the graphics. A quicker fix could be to use a single line of large text on a standard player that has room. I'll have at look at your idea as an option when I get a chance and let you know if it's acceptable for public consumption. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Gingernut63

Re: ND3 skin v.1.0. (16-07-2012)

Post by Gingernut63 »

Great skin! You have obviously put some thought into the layout, well done.

Any chance of producing a version with darker window backgrounds? I also like sirander's idea especially as I get older :wink:.

Cheers
Gingernut63
MonkeySqueeze – Squeezing music into your life!
https://twitter.com/#!/MonkeySqueeze1
MonkeySqueeze Support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=59515
MonkeySqueeze Development: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=59907
MediaMonkey user since 2005
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Gingernut63 - Thanks for the comment. Not sure about the darker background (personally) although I'll add it to my to-do list (a.k.a. "someday" list) to give it a try and see what it looks like.

@Gingernut 63 & @Sirander - Is this the sort of thing you had in mind? What do you think of it (speaking as fellow myopics of course) :wink:

View Full Image Here
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm two days away from being able to download these but wanted say I really like the design. And I appreciate the different colors.

Fantastic work!
Gingernut63

Post by Gingernut63 »

CoachUK wrote:@Gingernut 63 & @Sirander - Is this the sort of thing you had in mind? What do you think of it (speaking as fellow myopics of course) :wink:
View Full Image Here
Wow, now that is big! It might put some people off. Could it be switched large and small via a selection button? (just to make it difficult).
MonkeySqueeze – Squeezing music into your life!
https://twitter.com/#!/MonkeySqueeze1
MonkeySqueeze Support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=59515
MonkeySqueeze Development: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=59907
MediaMonkey user since 2005
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Gingernut 63 - Unfortunately it's not possible to switch text size as you suggested as this is controlled by the .ini file and that in turn has to be built into the .msz file. Ah well....it was just a thought anyway :roll:
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

I am lovin' these skins, Coach. :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work! Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
Slingers

Post by Slingers »

Hi I'm using this skin (Blue) on my media PC through my 47inch TV. Just a couple of observations.

1. Is there any way you could change the text colour in the search box - its really hard to read from a distance - white would be good or a similar light colour - pale yellow maybe. :-?

2. Likewise with the highlight text - the black text on blue is sometimes really hard to read, especially in subdued light - would you be able to do the same with that?
Slingers - MM user and promoter for over 15 years
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Slingers - I'll have a look in the New Year when things quieten down a bit