Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

Post by CoachUK »

First released: 20-09-2012

Current version: 1.0

Last Update: 20-09-2012

Origin.X started out with the concept of an 'original' or retro skin but it seemed to evolve of it's own accord

Four variations available:-
Origin.X (dark/light mixed theme)
Origin.X2 (dark grey theme)
Origin.Xlite (light grey theme)
Origin.Xtreme (light grey theme where the player went 'boom' and just about every conceivable tag field that can be shown in the player is included)

MonkeyRok & LyricsViewer skins also included.

Origin.X:

Origin.X2:

Origin.Xlite:

Origin.Xtreme:

DOWNLOADS:

Themes:
OriginX
OriginX2
OriginXlite
OriginXtreme

MonkeyRok:
OriginX
OriginX2
OriginXlite (Use for Origin.Xlite & Origin.Xtreme)

LyricsViewer:
OriginX
OriginX2
OriginXlite (Use for Origin.Xlite & Origin.Xtreme)
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rovingcowboy

Re: Origin.X Skin v.1.0 (20-09-12)

Post by rovingcowboy »

origin.x2 shows up with some lighter or more grayer black on my system but the one on top is all black again.
the other colors are showing up a little darker then i think you mean them to be but its the drivers for my monitor that do that. looking like a nice skin.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

The Extreme is most certainly that! Can't wait to try it this weekend. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a fan of contrasting players/skins, but I like the layout.

I am fascinated by the tags that you have displayed and can't wait to Monkey around with them to suit my needs. I like the Xtreme player so much I now have more desire to learn how to change the color (I need black in the worst way(hint hint)) so it can be used with other skins, like ND3. Like!!

Side note; I've double-clicked the .mmip twice, MM says the skin has been installed successfully, but I can't find it in the normal place. Anyone else having that problem?
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Mine says it's installed, it will show up in the skin list but when I click on it, MM flashes like it's going to change skins but just reverts back to my old skin.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

rrfpacker wrote:Side note; I've double-clicked the .mmip twice, MM says the skin has been installed successfully, but I can't find it in the normal place. Anyone else having that problem?
I had this same issue. It's actually not installing successfully due to an error in the install package. The skin file isn't being copied like it should be.

In the Install.ini, we have:

Code: Select all

[Copy]
OriginX.msz
Tgt={app}\Skins\OriginX.msz
It should be:

Code: Select all

[Copy]
src=OriginX.msz
Tgt={app}\Skins\OriginX.msz
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

OOPS!!! :oops:
My Bad!
I must have deleted the Src= statement when I was tinkering....
Corrected version(s) now in place and can be downloaded from original links.
Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks Mizery_Made for the response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Was wondering why I couldn't get it to install lol ...

I love the Origin.X2 skin. Beautiful work.

Any chance of making these with a slimmer player i.e. not as tall as they are now?

Regardless of whether you do or not, two thumbsup. :D
Stop Button Freak
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

Really great looking skins .... thanks
Peace through music
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@Vyper & @sirandar - Thanks for the comments. Glad you like the skins.

@Vyper - Hold that thought on the player.... :wink:
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Holding ... :D
Stop Button Freak
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker -
rrfpacker wrote:I am fascinated by the tags that you have displayed and can't wait to Monkey around with them to suit my needs. I like the Xtreme player so much I now have more desire to learn how to change the color (I need black in the worst way(hint hint)) so it can be used with other skins, like ND3. Like!!
You're right...I also think ND3 looks good with an Xtreme style player like that used in Origin.X....although being used as a 'generic' it does mean you loose some of the skin specific attributes like the volume slider style/colour, the rating star colour, etc.

I'm assuming you know how to substitute a player in a skin, so I've put the above in a zip file for you containing the corresponding .mskn and .ini files for the player.
If you're stuck doing it give me a shout. Link for the file has been PM'd to you.

Enjoy... :)
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

My goodness that looks great!!!! Exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to work on this tonight.

I agree, using the same player in multiple skins makes each skin lose some of its character, but that's the wonderful thing about you guys making skins and MM being flexible. I can have two versions of an ND3 and change depending on my mood.

Thank you for this, you went above and beyond again.
Randy

Edit; I played with this tonight and I'm wondering if there is a way to get the Track Level and Album Level information into this player, as is displayed in the Song Information Panel.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker - You're welcome. Glad you like it. As far as getting the leveling info into the player the answer is no. Song Info uses a script which queries the database to display this information. The ID3 tag doesn't directly hold this data.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thanks for the reply and RATS.
catbehemoth

Post by catbehemoth »

thank you very much for this skin and especially putting an effort into making a skin for monkey rock, i hate when it stands out. All the best!
PS. this is my first ever post on this website that's how much i like it.