installing skins

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

g

installing skins

Post by g »

Hi

I am new to mediamonkey.
How do I install skins tho I have downloaded it.

thanks
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

installing a media monkey skin is simple.

here are how to rules.

if the skin was downloaded in a zip file format. take that file from where ever you downloaded it to.

and move it to a folder in the c:\program files\ mediamonkey\ skins\

make that new folder the same name of your skin. now unzip that zip file in to the new folder and you are ready to use the skin.

media monkey can use winamp classic skins. they are needed to be used by doing the same thing as in step 1 only you do not need to unzip the wsz file. that is seen by media monkey.

now start monkey when it is started go to the menu bar with words on and look for tools. click that option and go down the drop down menu to the word " options " click that word.

now the options panel is started. you can set up all the options in that panel. scroll down the option's panel folder tree list you will see the dirctory for apperance. click the word " skin " under that dirctory.
you will get the skins options panel which will show you all the skins you
have in the skins folder. just double click on the skin name
it will be changed for you.

enjoy. :lol: 8) :wink:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
deathrage

Re: installing skins

Post by deathrage »

I am not able to install skins even though i went through the steps you described above. I am currently using 4.03 version without Gold edition. I downloaded skins from the official website (.mmip) and installed them and also copied them to the media monkey/skins folder. They are now appearing in the skins option but arent doing any difference to the appearance. Plz Help
Lowlander

Re: installing skins

Post by Lowlander »

Disable Override skin theme with Windows theme and restart MediaMonkey. If that fails try reinstalling MediaMonkey and make sure you allow skinning in the installer.