Adding AlbumArt request

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Diabolic-Destiny

Adding AlbumArt request

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

When adding Album Art, via the properties (shift + enter) and than going to the album art menu and clicking browse instead of it going to the default my documents can you make the defualt folder the FilePath or location for the track highlighted/clicked on? It will make adding mass albumart much easier as i wouldnt have to click through a bunch of folders that way.
Diabolic-Destiny

im just gonna bump this so it gets noticed, im curious as to whether or not people understood what i meant.?
Eyal

Re: Adding AlbumArt request

Post by Eyal »

Diabolic-Destiny wrote:When adding Album Art, via the properties (shift + enter) and than going to the album art menu and clicking browse instead of it going to the default my documents can you make the defualt folder the FilePath or location for the track highlighted/clicked on? It will make adding mass albumart much easier as i wouldnt have to click through a bunch of folders that way.
This is something I wish too, and I never understand why it was not implemented.

But to speed up the process, I copy the art files in clipboard with Explorer (Ctrl-C) and then paste them into the AlbumArt window in MM (right-click --> Paste). Drag N Drop is working also.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yeah, I've found this to be a strange thing too. If you want to stay within MM for everything, you can copy the song file's directory path, and paste it in the browse dialog and press enter. The browse dialog will show the song file's directory, and you can select album art directly.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Diabolic-Destiny

yea but that requires all these extra steps which for someone like me, i tend to opt out or juts plain forget. I hope this little tweak is implemented at some point
nojac

Post by nojac »

I agree. An old wish that seems to be ignored.

This is is a thread from 2005: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5618
Diabolic-Destiny

can we get light from the dev team, I havent noticed this being added into MM3. And it cant be that hard to implement
Hunter Green

Re: Adding AlbumArt request

Post by Hunter Green »

Eyal wrote:But to speed up the process, I copy the art files in clipboard with Explorer (Ctrl-C) and then paste them into the AlbumArt window in MM (right-click --> Paste).
I usually do this too, but I wish MediaMonkey would allow me to Copy from the same menu, so I can copy and paste from one track to another without having to save to a file I have no reason to keep.
Diabolic-Destiny

im just going to bump this because i dont see it in MM3 yet
sdvorian

Post by sdvorian »

It's in fact weird why not to set OpenFileDialogue default folder to the track(s) folder. Always wondered about that. As a workaround I

1) do the same thing that Steegy said
2) Rescan the album folder after I put an album ar image there, so it gets added to the album tracks automatically.

Another thing with regards to AlbumArt which would be helpful and is missing at the moment is to save the albumart file name when you download albumart from Amazon. I use 'cover.jpg', so every time I download album art from amazon via Ctrl-L, I have to manually enter 'cover.jpg'. Why not to make it an option to remember the name?
Diabolic-Destiny

i use folder.jpg but its the same thing
gege

Post by gege »

This has always annoyed me too. That's the reason I started to use trixmoto's Album Art Tagger.