Library Upgrade

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

pah68

Library Upgrade

Post by pah68 »

I've missed something obvious I guess, but how do I upgrade my old 2.5 library to the new Beta?
G.I.

Post by G.I. »

When I installed the beta (Haven't installed any alpha's) it just automatically said: Converting Library ... took a long time, but I have much data ...

Anyway, it did this automatically ...
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I've installed over one of the earlier Alpha's, but there has been no upgrade. :-?

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I've uninstalled MM3 and re-installed. Still no idea how to upgrade my old 2.5 library. :-?
I still have a MM2 installed in a different folder. I've been installing my Alpha and Beta 3's into C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Make sure that
- MM3 finds your MM2 database (it should be in the My Music folder)
- No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Uninstalling 3 screwed up my MM2 setup :x
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Steegy wrote:No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
There we go...thanks champ. :oops: Converting now. :wink:
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Steegy wrote:Make sure that
- MM3 finds your MM2 database (it should be in the My Music folder)
- No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
Does anyone know if the database conversion takes care of Virtual Cd files (and database entries)??

Every time I have installed a MM3 release (in a separate folder to where MM2.5 lives) it seems to revert to 'non gold' status (and as someone said, removing it leaves MM2.5 screwed up, in terms of portable device options, Gold status, and probably some other stuff I have yet to detect.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

And it's ruined all my classifications, They all read
Tempo (moderate), Mood (Mellow), Occasion (Background), Quality (Excellent). Half my Autoplaylists can no longer be viewed.
Rescanning the library does not update the classification fields from the tags of my MP3's
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please provide some more details, or maybe better e-mail me the .mdb file to be converted with a description of what's wrong, we'll look into it.

Jiri
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I've since come up with a work around whereas I created a playlist of every classification option, then upgraded and made the classification changes in the new library based on those playlists.

I had created a number of my own classifications which may have caused the issue. A number of my autoplaylists don't work and these may have used some of those custom classifications.

I'd e-mail you my mdb but it's very nearly 100MB