iPod Classic support - You can test it!

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

bldrdash

Post by bldrdash »

The latest DLL seems to work with my iPod Classic 160: auto-sync, album art and ratings all OK!

Regarding multiple iPods in the treeview, the problem was that I backed up d_iPod.dll as d_iPodOld.dll in the same directory (Plugins). Removing the backup DLL removed the multiple devices from the treeview...

Thanks!
pagehite

Re: iPod Classic support - You can test it!

Post by pagehite »

jiri wrote:I have implemented the needed changes in the iPod plug-in so that it supports iPod Classic and 3rd gen Nano now
<snip>
P.S.: It will work only with MM 3.0.
<snip>
Any chance of support for MM 2.5.5?
Regards,

Page Hite
eXentric

Post by eXentric »

The latest DLL seems to work with my iPod Classic 160: auto-sync, album art and ratings all OK!
bldrdash, are you able to sync changes from the device back to the PC? Sorry if it's a silly question, this is my first time using MediaMonkey. I am able to sync songs, cover art, etc to my Classic 160, but if I play songs or change ratings on the iPod, they are not sent back to the PC.

I am using the latest 3.x release and I do have 'Auto-sync tracks from the device to the PC' checked under the device options.

Thanks!
bldrdash

Post by bldrdash »

I am able to sync songs, cover art, etc to my Classic 160, but if I play songs or change ratings on the iPod, they are not sent back to the PC.

I am using the latest 3.x release and I do have 'Auto-sync tracks from the device to the PC' checked under the device options.
After changing some ratings on my iPod and syncing, MM updated it's rating, so for me, it's been two-way. At first glance # played isn't updated, but I'll have to pay attention to it next time.

I also, do not have 'Auto-sync tracks from the device...' checkbox enabled.
T.

Post by T. »

Thanks for the update.

Album art is now working on last gen iPod nano.
Seems like auto sync is still having an issue but I m fine with sending the albums to iPod one after another for now.

Gj.
Michael Vogel

Post by Michael Vogel »

jiri wrote:So the iPod is finally here! [...]
Jiri
[...]
Thanks, Jiri :)

Should we swap now to the "Betamonkey" or do we have chances to see the dll also for the version 2.5?

Thanks again for all your efforts - I'll try to get some friends to buy the mediamonkey now...
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

I just tried it on my wife's 3rd gen Nano and it works like a charm. Thanks!
bldrdash

Post by bldrdash »

I've had one problem with the new DLL:

Deleting music off the iPod node caused an exception fault, which corrupted the iPod's database. After that, the iPod could not recognize any music.

Rebuilding the devices database allowed me to see and play music, but now album art is missing or associated with the wrong album. The rebuild device DB feature does not seem to work 100%.

The exception fault was emailed to the developers via the built in crash reporting feature.
MMMM

Problem syncing with 160GB Classic

Post by MMMM »

I just tried the latest dll as of 8:00pm 9/24 and had errors writing to the drive after 3700 songs or so. I'm resyncing using itunes now just to confirm there is not a hard drive error on my ipod as that is what the error message made it sound like.

Is there a log that is automatically created? If so, where is it as I'd like to help report it?
bldrdash

Post by bldrdash »

I just tried the latest dll as of 8:00pm 9/24 and had errors writing to the drive after 3700 songs or so. I'm resyncing using itunes now just to confirm there is not a hard drive error on my ipod as that is what the error message made it sound like.
I hope you don't have a problem with your iPod Classic or cable, but I was able to sync 18K songs no problem.
Is there a log that is automatically created? If so, where is it as I'd like to help report it?
If you do find it's a problem with MM3, this thread may help:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341

Post by Guest »

Thanks a million jiri.
Tested it on my 3rd gen nano..worked great.

Quick question- what do everyone suggest for transfering videos?

thanks in advance
MMMM

Post by MMMM »

Well I tried syncing up again and did not receive an error, but after it transferred over 17,600 songs I chose "Safely Remove Device" and the unit showed over 96 GB in use but according to the ipod there are no songs. I tried reconnecting and "Rebuild Device Database" but that didn't work. I have both "Compatibility Settings" checked. Is there something else I'm missing?
hangtime23

a couple of things...

Post by hangtime23 »

k...so a couple of things I've noticed on my 3G nano -

#1 - When transferring songs using MM, if the album art isn't perfectly square, it'll fill in the remaining space on either the right side or the bottom, with all black. Is it possible to have this filled in with white instead, so it matches the iPod's default white background better? Also, can it be done so that the image is moved to the center (with white space to either side or top/bottom of the image), rather than having the extra space always to the right and the bottom of the image?

#2 - The iPod Music Quiz 2 game no longer works, I think it must have been looking up stuff based on the iTunes DB structure...well, the questions just based on ID3 tag information works fine, but anything requiring you to listen, well, there's nothing to listen to.
sharkus

Post by sharkus »

Doh! This does not seem to work at all with the IPOD Touch. I'm not sure if this is expected to not work...

The touch doesn't even show up under Media Monkey...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

sharkus wrote:Doh! This does not seem to work at all with the IPOD Touch. I'm not sure if this is expected to not work...

The touch doesn't even show up under Media Monkey...
Make sure you have iPod enabled for disk use.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.