RC1-Auto-converts m4p and m4b unnecessarily [1448]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

drjohn

RC1-Auto-converts m4p and m4b unnecessarily [1448]

Post by drjohn »

RC1 still converts too many songs to mp3's when syncing my iPod classic. It is strange, some m4a's are not converting--but MOST are. It is even "converting" m4p's to mp3's (which of course won't play on the iPod). The settings are correct (device suppor tset to have m4a and mp4 as supported on device. Auto-conversion is only SUPPOSED to convert FLACs--this is the only rule set to work...)

On the positive side: FLACs convert fine. Album art seems to work fine, as well.

Thanks!
rusty

Too many tracks are converted

Post by rusty »

drjohn,

I synced a bunch of tracks (mp3, flac, mpc, m4a) to an iPod and flac/mpc tracks converted to mp3 while all m4a tracks were synced as is. If you have any any m4a tracks that are consistently converting to MP3, please send them my way and/or send me a debug log of a sync, and indicate which tracks incorrectly converted.

Regarding m4p's, this shouldn't convert either--please send me one such file, or a log showing this happening as well.

Thx.

-Rusty
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

Log? Glad to send you one--where is it? I will also gladly send you the files, but will an mp4 do you any good, since it is associated with my computer?

Thanks,
John
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

Rusty,

I tried to send the files--no luck (they are too large, even zipped). Please let me know how to send the log(s) and I will.

Thanks,
John
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to use some file hosting like yousendit and send links over mail to us. After confirmation you can delete tracks there.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

I will have to try that tomorrow. inthemean time Idecided to try a clean reinstall, sinceI had installed MM3 over the old MM2 install. I uninstalled MM3 and removedthe MediaMonkey folder that remained (with all remaining plugins and scripts) and then reinstalled MM3. Now the mp4files will no longer play. I thought there was native support? I suspect there was still an old plug-in in from MM2 that was creatin a problem--but have not verified yet (bed time...). How do I get my mp4s to play?

Thanks,
John
rusty

Unneeded conversions (m4p/m4b not working)

Post by rusty »

Turns out the reason for this is that MM isn't playing/decoding m4p or m4b files at the moment. i.e. it 'thinks' that they need to be converted.

Looking into this.

Thanks for the help.

-Rusty