Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Can you do the same thing except for song titles instead of albums?

Code: Select all

Titles with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.SongTitle IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.SongTitle FROM Songs INNER JOIN Songs As Inline ON Songs.SongTitle = Inline.SongTitle AND Songs.ID <> Inline.ID AND Songs.IDArtist <> Inline.IDArtist)\<Title>
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD:

Thanks for taking the time to create this for me.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
hhggrr

Post by hhggrr »

Thanks nynaevelan/Bex/ZvezdanD, worked perfectly :lol:

Mizery_Made/nojac: That is exactly the situation. Indeed, I will have to rename the albums.
sporkydorky

Post by sporkydorky »

hi i was wondering if anyone could show me a mask to sort me library by folder path, then artist, then album(but the album will show the year also)
sporkydorky

Post by sporkydorky »

someone please
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Current version of Magic Nodes could not be used for sorting library (if you mean on tracks in the tracklist window). It can only sort sub-nodes in the Tree window.

Another thing, the script have not a possibility to display Path as a node. Question is: how do you want to display Path inside of the Tree window?

1. Full path with a file name (same as displaying <Title> - too many nodes);

2. Full path without a file name (if you have logically organized folders by albums this is same as displaying <Album> as node);

3. One by one subfolder, as it is in the Location node (with <Album> or <Artist> as sub-nodes this is nearly impossible).
colin_e

Magicnodes and Virtual CDs

Post by colin_e »

Apologies if this has been asked before, but with 44 pages in this thread it's getting hard to find things!

I just discovered MN and it's great. Like everyone else, my first magic node was an (Album Artist) tree. The second was an "Encoding" tree.

Questions:

1) Can MN add an (Album Artist) tree for Virtual CDs? Having got used to the
album artist view, it's a pain seeing all your "Various Artists" compilations
split out in Virtual CDs.

2) I'm considering ripping all my CDs to FLAC as Virtual CDs. However i've
tried a couple, but the MN "Encoding" node does not show any FLAC files,
are Virtual CDs by definition outside the "library" as far as MN is
concerned?
Regards: Colin
FreaQ

Join similiar comments?

Post by FreaQ »

ZvezdanD wrote:

Titles with Same Name|SQL Filter: Songs.SongTitle IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.SongTitle FROM Songs INNER JOIN Songs As Inline ON Songs.SongTitle = Inline.SongTitle AND Songs.ID <> Inline.ID AND Songs.IDArtist <> Inline.IDArtist)\<Title>
Is it possible to do something for joining similiar comments?

I would like to have something where the magic nodes joins comments when the first 4 letters or numbers are identical.
ZvezdanD

Re: Join similiar comments?

Post by ZvezdanD »

FreaQ wrote:Is it possible to do something for joining similiar comments?

I would like to have something where the magic nodes joins comments when the first 4 letters or numbers are identical.
I am not sure that I know what you want. If you just want all tracks grouped by first 4 characters of the comment, the mask is simple and really fast:

Group by first 4 char. of Comment\<Comment|trim:4>
If you don't want to display those tracks which have unique comment, i.e. you want to display only tracks with a comment which is similar in two or more tracks, then a mask is more complex and the query lasts much longer:

Only tracks with similar Comment|SQL filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT Memos.IDSong FROM Memos, (SELECT Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) AS Comment FROM Memos WHERE Memos.MemoType = 20001 GROUP BY Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) HAVING Count(*) > 1) As Inline WHERE Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) = Inline.Comment)\<Comment|trim:4>
This mask is similar to Bex's previous one with 3 sub-queries (one is invisible in the mask). Execution time: 737 seconds (4627 tracks of ~15000)

In this case, solution with two sub-queries you shoud better don't try. It worked over one hour when I decided to reset program. This is very strange, obviously different situations needs different approach:

Only tracks with similar Comment (much slower!)|SQL filter:Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) IN (SELECT DISTINCT Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) FROM Memos, Memos As Inline WHERE Left(Memos.MemoText, 4) = Left(Inline.MemoText, 4) AND Memos.IDMemo <> Inline.IDMemo AND Memos.MemoType = 20001)\<Comment|trim:4>
Note: Those masks only work with MM2, except the first, simplest one which works in MM3 as well.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magicnodes and Virtual CDs

Post by ZvezdanD »

colin_e wrote:1) Can MN add an (Album Artist) tree for Virtual CDs?

2) the MN "Encoding" node does not show any FLAC files
1) Currently, Magic node cannot be a child of the Virtual CD node, but you could display a node inside of the Magic Node branch with only those tracks which are in the Virtual CD:

Album artists on Virtual CD|filter:Drive Type = 'Virtual CD'\<Album Artist>
2) How looks your "Encoding" mask and which version of the script you have?
be4con

Post by be4con »

Just started using MN and have managed to get it to do a lot of the things I want it to do already. Thanks for such a fantastic script.

I would like some advice on writing a mask though. Apologies if this has been asked and answered already. I did do a search but haven't found what I am looking for.

I would like a node that lists all of an artists work together regardless of their collaborators, based upon the first name in the collaboration.

eg: Sirius Isness & CPU plus Sirius Isness & Thoreme plus Sirius Isness & Cyrus the Virus plus Sirius Isness feat. Isabelle etc etc listed together all within a single branch, rather than split into seperate branches within the tree.

I appreciate that this might not be possible, but I was wondering if I could create a node which only uses the bit before the & or before feat. when it is calculating the tree structure?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

be4con wrote:I would like a node that lists all of an artists work together regardless of their collaborators, based upon the first name in the collaboration.

eg: Sirius Isness & CPU plus Sirius Isness & Thoreme plus Sirius Isness & Cyrus the Virus plus Sirius Isness feat. Isabelle etc etc listed together all within a single branch, rather than split into seperate branches within the tree.
Maybe you should switch to MediaMonkey v3.0 which support a multi-item fields. For example, you could enter "Sirius Isness;CPU", "Sirius Isness;Thoreme", ... and you would get only one branch for "Sirius Isness". Character ";" is for a separating multi-items.
be4con wrote:I was wondering if I could create a node which only uses the bit before the & or before feat. when it is calculating the tree structure?
You could try to use Magic Nodes with left of qualifier, but with only one separator. Something like this:

First part of Artist\<Artist|left of:&>
be4con

Post by be4con »

You could try to use Magic Nodes with left of qualifier, but with only one separator. Something like this:

First part of Artist\<Artist|left of:&>
Thanks. That doesn't really work though. For reasons unclear it just leaves me with the bulk of my tracks in 1 folder (which has no title) and only about 500 of them split into other folders by name.
Maybe you should switch to MediaMonkey v3.0 which support a multi-item fields. For example, you could enter "Sirius Isness;CPU", "Sirius Isness;Thoreme", ... and you would get only one branch for "Sirius Isness". Character ";" is for a separating multi-items.
I may have to try that, is the latest version pretty stable or is it very buggy still?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

be4con wrote:That doesn't really work though. For reasons unclear it just leaves me with the bulk of my tracks in 1 folder (which has no title) and only about 500 of them split into other folders by name.
Well, you are right. This is current behavior of Magic Nodes. First un-named node contains all tracks which don't have specified separator in the Artist field. Rest of nodes contain only tracks which have this separator in the Artist field. Those artists should be grouped by the first artist (who is specified in the front of separator in the Artist field).

Honestly, I don't like such behaviour of the script either. I think that left of qualifier should display all artists and artists which contain separator should be displayed only once. If you try right of qualifier instead of left of you could see exactly such approach. In my opinion it would be better if behavior of this two qualifier are swapped. Maybe I'll change a script to implement that, but I don't like to break compatibility with existing user nodes.
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

Great script ya got here.

Just breakin fresh into it and read all the sections on the homepage.But honestly its a little confusing for me.

Tryin to add the comments node - Comments|icon:top level\<comments|trim:25>

I added <artist><album> for the mask but receive this error - There was a problem querying the database: 42000:[microsoft][odbc microsoft access driver] syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'left(25)'

The node still pops up but i dont think its operating the right way as i see nothing todo with comments.I also installed windows scripting just to make sure.Im guessin it might be the mask but honestly im not sure.Any comments or suggestions is appreciated.