Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Randall_Lind

you complete MM3 (lol)

Post by Randall_Lind »

This is the best lyrics display ever! As far as installing simple. This makes MM3 complete now for me.

Thanks
gege

Re: you complete MM3 (lol)

Post by gege »

Randall_Lind wrote:This is the best lyrics display ever! As far as installing simple. This makes MM3 complete now for me.
Thanks
Thanks! :D
As for the "best lyrics display" part, I also think so! But I think I'm a little biased... :lol:
Randall_Lind

The Google search is nice

Post by Randall_Lind »

I was using the old one in mm2 but it didn't have Google search or any search built in. New one rocks.

Now I have no reason not to do all my mp3 now. Thanks this really helps.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

This script is cool and all, but a warning should be made regarding the potential loading of web pages with pop ups and other crapware you probly dont want on your computer.

It would also be nice if this script (and anothers which do the same thing) NOT load any webpage if the window is not visible/active.

Every time I play a track, the script does it search while not even having the lyrics window open.

This is great I suppose in case you want to have it load faster if you change from non-visible to visible, but it also adds extra un-necessary load to both MM and your computer (not to mention the above warning about potential bad lyrics sites/popups/crapware).

So, in essence, a couple of options would be great:

- disable automatic searchs
-- let you choose which search engine/websites to search
- do not process any track if the window is not visible/enabled.
gege

Post by gege »

Teknojnky wrote: So, in essence, a couple of options would be great:

- disable automatic searchs
-- let you choose which search engine/websites to search
- do not process any track if the window is not visible/enabled.
Humm... I think you misunderstood something... :(

This script doesn't do any web search to display lyrics. All it does is displaying the lyrics stored in ID3 tag!

IF there's no lyrics in tag, then it shows a link to a Google search. IF user clicks on "Search lyrics using Google" link, then a new IE window is opened with the Google results... Just this. Nothing is pre-loaded or done automatically...

Maybe you're confusing this script with WebSearch Panels... :o

But, of course, I can include an option like "Create a link to Google Search when there's no lyrics in tag" or something like that.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Yeah, web search panels does that too, I could have sworn this one did also.. I will have to try it again.. If not then I apologize.
gege

Post by gege »

Script has been updated to Version 1.1. Go get it!

Version 1.1: November 22, 2007
- Fixed: Panel not updating correctly if songs are not in Library.
- Enhanced install: Now script is Auto-loaded after installing via MMIP (no MM3 restart needed);
bluesbeat

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 1.1 by Gege (2007-11-2) [MM2+3

Post by bluesbeat »

I installed this last night, originally put it in Scripts folder, wouldn't work. I then put it in the Scripts\Auto folder and works fine (instructions below don't specify this). Trouble is everytime I start MM 2.5.998 I get the error message that it can't find the English.txt file. Also when changing any options in the settings panel I get the same error message.
Also the different themes appear to make no difference when changed.
Am I doing something wrong or is there something else missing from the instructions?
thanks,
Geoff

gege wrote: In MM2:
1) Download the ZIP file (link below).
2) Extract the contents of ZIP file to "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts" folder.
3) (Re)start MediaMonkey.
4) Click on "View > Lyrics and Comment Viewer" menu item to activate the panel.
5) Start playing a song with embedded Lyrics or Comment.
6) (Optional) Go to "Tools > Options > Player > Lyrics Viewer" and configure it the way you want.

--------------------------------------------------
Download:
MM3: LyricsAndCommentViewer1.1-Install.mmip
MM2: LyricsAndCommentViewer1.1-Install.zip
gege

Post by gege »

I bet you're extracting files to the wrong place. The script file structure is supposed to be this:

So I advise you to follow exactly these steps:
1) Open the ZIP file in Winzip (or other extraction tool)
2) Hit the "Extract" button (No need to select the files first).
3) When asked, point the 'Extract to' field to "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\" folder and hit 'Extract' button.

4) (Re)start MediaMonkey.
5) Click on "View > Lyrics and Comment Viewer" menu item to activate the panel.
6) Start playing a song with embedded Lyrics or Comment.
7) (Optional) Go to "Tools > Options > Player > Lyrics Viewer" and configure it the way you want.

BTW, I'll try to create an installer for MM2, when I get time...
Last edited by gege on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesbeat

Post by bluesbeat »

Thanks Gege,
That'll be the problem, because I just dragged them out of Winzip.

thanks.
bluesbeat

Post by bluesbeat »

Yep, that did the trick. thanks again.
Randall_Lind

Gege this may be a bug

Post by Randall_Lind »

I wouldn't worry too much about it but, just thought I mention it. When you click on Google link to get lyrics you get:

allinurl: ???????? lyrics

then hopeful the lyrics right? However doesn't work on all songs. I found on some I have to delete allinurl: part from search to find the lyrics.
gege

Post by gege »

You're right. The allinurl: keyword forces the results to have "ArtistName + SongName + lyrics" in URL. "Most" lyrics sites do, so we have really accurate results. The trade off is some lyrics sites stay out of results because they don't use that format in the URL.
If you prefer, you can change the script, in order to make it ignore the allinurl rule. Just open LyricsViwer.vbs file, go to line 321 (in version 1.1) and replace this line of code:

Code: Select all

x="allinurl%3A+"& cArtist & " " & cTitle & " lyrics"
... with this:

Code: Select all

x=cArtist & " " & cTitle & " lyrics"
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

gege: please check your inbox, you got PM.
I've been tweaking your script a bit... :D
giowax

Post by giowax »

Hey gege just a thing: are lyrics included in a flac file?
I knew it was not possible to include lyrics in a flac file...then I used your very nice script and inserted lyrics in the tag for a song in flac format.
The file was modified so I thought the lyrics were inserted in it...is it possible? can you confirm this?
If the lyrics can be put in flacs it is a great thing since I have a lot of flacs ;-)
Will the lyrics inserted with your script be visible for other lyrics scripts and even other flac players?
Thank you!