Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MonkeeBoy

Post by MonkeeBoy »

I am loving magic nodes but I would like to be able to do one thing with it and I don't know if it is possible?

Is there a way of displaying 2 fields in one part of the tree?
Code would be like this, but it doesn't work...

2 Fields in one tree\<Artist><Album>\

I know it sounds like an odd request. I wrote a script for splitting the music keys found by the "Mixed In Key" software into <Custom1> and <Custom2> fields. I would like to be able to browse these 2 fields from one part of the tree... i.e.

Music Key\<Genre>\<Custom1><Custom2>

Is it possible to do?

Post by Guest »

Valrog

Basically:

Code: Select all

Comments|icon:top level\<comment|trim:25>\<artist>\<album>
MonkeeBoy

Not possible, if I understand correctly.
MonkeeBoy

Post by MonkeeBoy »

Anonymous wrote:
MonkeeBoy

Not possible, if I understand correctly.
Bugger!!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MonkeeBoy wrote:2 Fields in one tree\<Artist><Album>\
Not exactly what you want , but you could try with <Album and Artist> or <Album and Year>. With first, you would get something like this:
---- Album01 (AlbumArtistX)
---- Album02 (AlbumArtistY)

With <Album and Year>, you would get:
---- AlbumArtist01 - AlbumX (YearX)
---- AlbumArtist01 - AlbumY (YearY)
---- AlbumArtist02 - AlbumX (YearX)
MonkeeBoy wrote:Music Key\<Genre>\<Custom1><Custom2>
Currently, this is not possible.
MonkeeBoy

Post by MonkeeBoy »

MonkeeBoy wrote:Music Key\<Genre>\<Custom1><Custom2>
Currently, this is not possible.[/quote]

Thanks for the info... Just have to live without it for the time being. :wink:
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

[quote="Anonymous"]Valrog

Basically:

Comments|icon:top level\<comment|trim:25>\<artist>\<album>
Thats how i entered it without the backslashes in the mask.I tried your code but says invalid mask.Now when i got that node highlighted and playing music through that node where does the comments show up?Is there supposed to be a field named comments i need to select or does a window pop up or am i just not getting the point?Im not seeing anything todo with comments but im having a feeling the error i get has something todo with it.

error received is : There was a problem querying the database: 42000:[microsoft][odbc microsoft access driver] syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'left(25)'

script im entering is: Comments|icon:top level\<comment|trim:25><artist><album>

Even after the error the node still pops up and all the music can be seen in that node........but nothing dealing with comments anywhere i can see.
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

Problem solved im an idiot.This whole time i was using the wrong mask.

Thxs for the help sorry for my idiocy.Hopefully i got everything figured out now.

Have yourselves a good day!
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

ZvezdanD wrote:With <Album and Year>, you would get:
---- AlbumArtist01 - AlbumX (YearX)
---- AlbumArtist01 - AlbumY (YearY)
---- AlbumArtist02 - AlbumX (YearX)
Is it possible to get:
---- AlbumX (YearX)
---- AlbumY (YearY)

I don't want to have the Album Artist again in this tree...
Cu,
PoooMukkel
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:Is it possible to get:
---- AlbumX (YearX)
---- AlbumY (YearY)
Yes, it is possible, but only with my modified version of this script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19168

Albums with Year\<Album|statistic:Max(Year)>
PoooMukkel wrote:I don't want to have the Album Artist again in this tree...
My suggestion was like that because of such requirement: "Is there a way of displaying 2 fields in one part of the tree? ... 2 Fields in one tree\<Artist><Album>"
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

I already use your modified version of this script, because I'm using MM3 RC2.

This is the code, that I'm using now:

Alben|SQL filter:Songs.Album<>''\<Album Artist>\<Album>
Now I want to have the Year behind the Album in the last Tree, e.g.

Depeche Mode \ Playing The Angel (2005)

When using this code

Alben|SQL filter:Songs.Album<>''\<Album Artist>\<Album and Year>
it looks like this:

Depeche Mode \ Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel (2005)

You know what I mean?
Cu,
PoooMukkel
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

PoooMukkel wrote:Now I want to have the Year behind the Album in the last Tree, e.g.
For this what you want you should not use <Album and Year>, but <Album> with added statistic qualifier:

Alben|SQL filter:Songs.Album<>''\<Album Artist>\<Album|statistic:Max(Year)>
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Yes! It works! That's exactly what I want!

Thank you very much!! :)
Cu,
PoooMukkel
_Vic333_

Style nodes

Post by _Vic333_ »

Hello, first off-- great program and lovely script. It's usefulness shows no bounds.

The question--
I've been collecting style data, which is basically sub-genre data, from Allmusic.com and putting it in a custom "Style" field heading. Most all of them are multiple sub-genres I've separated by a semi-colon--
ex. Style: Pop; Rock and Roll; British Invasion; Folk-Rock; Pop/Rock

I was just wondering if it was possible to separate each unique sub-genre into it's own node, that is to say, separate them from their semi-colons and use them as parent nodes. That way I could see all artists under that specific sub-genre. :)

I also understand that in MM3 there are multiple genre tags, which I think will be very useful if I could mass tag my Style information to my genre, assuming they will be separated by semi-colons as well. I think I'll wait for the final release to do that, though. :)

I understand if that's a bit of a complicated request, and appreciate any help or advice if it can't be done. Again, wonderful script, it's been put to much use already. :)
ZvezdanD

Re: Style nodes

Post by ZvezdanD »

_Vic333_ wrote:I was just wondering if it was possible to separate each unique sub-genre into it's own node,
You can try with left of and right of qualifiers, but with them you could parse genre data only with one separator, i.e. you could have only one genre and one sub-genre:

First part of the Custom field\<Custom1|left of:;>

Second part of the Custom field\<Custom1|right of:;>
If you want to display both of them combined into one branch:

Both parts of the Custom field\<Custom1|left of:&>\<Custom1|right of:;>
However, there are some issues with left of qualifier - items without separator are listed under un-named node which is something you'd don't like.
_Vic333_ wrote:I also understand that in MM3 there are multiple genre tags, which I think will be very useful if I could mass tag my Style information to my genre
There are some scripts for mass replacing of tags (for example Custom1 -> Genre). I haven't tried any of them yet, but you can try e.g. ExtractFields:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10566
_Vic333_

Re: Style nodes

Post by _Vic333_ »

ZvezdanD wrote:
_Vic333_ wrote:I was just wondering if it was possible to separate each unique sub-genre into it's own node,
You can try with left of and right of qualifiers, but with them you could parse genre data only with one separator, i.e. you could have only one genre and one sub-genre:

First part of the Custom field\<Custom1|left of:;>

Second part of the Custom field\<Custom1|right of:;>
If you want to display both of them combined into one branch:

Both parts of the Custom field\<Custom1|left of:&>\<Custom1|right of:;>
However, there are some issues with left of qualifier - items without separator are listed under un-named node which is something you'd don't like.
_Vic333_ wrote:I also understand that in MM3 there are multiple genre tags, which I think will be very useful if I could mass tag my Style information to my genre
There are some scripts for mass replacing of tags (for example Custom1 -> Genre). I haven't tried any of them yet, but you can try e.g. ExtractFields:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10566
Well, this is pretty close to what I'm looking for, and thank you a lot or the response. It did succeed in separating some data in the style field from each other, which are the best results I've had so far; however, it would be ideal if there was a way to separate them in the case of more than style 1; style 2, as I have some with up to ten semi-colon separated styles. :-?

A while ago, Trixmoto recommended this method:
Well you could use the Magic Nodes script to run SQL on the field you've got the styles in, this could then create a node for each style.
Though I've no idea how to use SQL filters or script in general, and it seems quite confusing. :o

Also, ExtractFields was just the thing I was looking for! Thanks for the help, I hope this isn't a worthless cause. :wink: