Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Trixmoto:

I have been eagerly awaiting this one. I just ran into two small problems. First, during the install I used an unzip program to unzip the files using the folder layout, but it did not put all the correct files in the correct folders, did I install it correctly?

Second, once I got all the files moved to the appropriate locations, thanks to the install.ini file, I received the following error:

Help

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

trixmoto wrote:New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website.
Nice work Trix!

I have it running under RC5, and noticed that I can't make it work in "Selected" mode. It insists in showing the currently playing song information.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:during the install I used an unzip program to unzip the files
Mate, you are supposed to just double-click those mmip files. They're cool little installers that do all the leg-work for you.

(The edit is that I think you have to have mmip files associated with MM. But that should happen automatically normally.)
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

MM3 monkey wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:during the install I used an unzip program to unzip the files
Mate, you are supposed to just double-click those mmip files. They're cool little installers that do all the leg-work for you.

(The edit is that I think you have to have mmip files associated with MM. But that should happen automatically normally.)
I see what the problem is, apparently my computer was saving the file as a zip instead of a mmip. Trixmoto you can consider this one fixed, now off to play with the Rok.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Thank you

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks very much Trixmoto - and oldskool73 and Bex... the surprises keep on coming.

I haven't even used this before, not having used MM2, so this is just fantastic.

I've got one little thing that's come up so far. I tried to change the 'albums featuring' to 'rating, random' but it won't have it. "Failed to execute... random max 20" or a long string to that effect followed by "no such something-or-other Rnd. 1, 1"

It's clearly having a problem with 'random'. I can do it again if you want a more accurate description.

But this is great; I can't believe it. No wonder it's been so eargerly anticipated.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
Michel37

Post by Michel37 »

How do i uninstall MonkeyRok. I just installed it and now MM3RC5 doesn´t start anymore.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@nynaevelan - yes, MMIP files should be run using MM3 so they install everything for you, much easier!

@MarineBrat - ok, I'll check this out.

@MM3 Monkey - oops, missed that. I'll need to convert the sort orders to SQLite!

@Michel37 - I'm sorry you've been having problems. The proper way to uninstall it is unfortunately using the Extensions option within MM3, but if you can't get it started then you'll need to do it manually. Going to "MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MonkeyRok.vbs" and deleting that file should mean that you can then start MM3. Then uninstalling in the Extensions screen should remove the rest of the files, all in "MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok" I think.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
callmetom

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrready to rumble

Post by callmetom »

Sing Halleluja Brothers and Sisters !

MonkeyRok for MM3 is ready !

I will try it as soon as possible (((((:

Thank you Trix !

God bless you lol :P

Edit: Can't find it on your website ?? :cry:
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Hi trixmoto,

thanks a lotfor the update. Now MonkeyRok available the move to MM3 can be completed :)

During the first tests I found that MonkeyRok 3.0 has problems with showing "Albums featuring".

No matter what song I select, the Albums featuring list displays a bunch of albums that are totaly unrelated to the artist.
The list is the same for any song I show in MonkeyRok.

Then only exception is when I set the "Albums featuring sort order" to "name". In that case MM3 crashes completely.

EDIT:
Also an old bug that shows incorrect album averages resurfaced.
Example:
I have 2 songs of an album. One song is rated with 3 stars, the other one is unrated -> MonkeyRok displays about 30 Stars as album average.

The setting "Ignore unknown songs when calculating average" is set to yes.
drjboulder

Re: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrready to rumble

Post by drjboulder »

callmetom wrote: Edit: Can't find it on your website ?? :cry:
My 'On Startup' scripts...
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Another bug encountered:

The external panels Similar Artists, Other albums and Top tracks aren't working.

MM throws an error message, saying that there is a problem with the SQL query and the external panel remains stuck at the loading graphics.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

I can confirm this bug with the external panel. Heres the errormessage i get if i use the similar artist option.
The error messages in the other cases are similar. Always an error near "ESCAPE"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Tthe "albums featuring" panel is working fine for me so I'm a bit confused about that one. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sorry guys, I forgot to check the external panels - I'll get these all fixed for the next release. :oops:
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

First, of all, WOOHOO!!!

I'm having an issue with the "Albums Featuring" panel - I get the same albums no matter what's playing.

Also, I have a customization question - I'd like to remove the artist name from the circled area, but can't figure out where that's getting generated. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

You can also see the "Albums Featuring" issue that I'm encountering...I, too, get the error when I choose "random", so there may be additional SQLite stuff going on with this panel.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll definitely have to take a look at the "albums featuring" panel then and see what's going on. The "current_album_title" is populated in Sub "UpdateCurrentAlbum" in file Function.vbs.